Bands you're embarrased to say you like...

My best friend is gay and my girlfriend loves club music so I have to listen to more Lady Gaga than any straight man should ever have to. The really embarrassing thing is that it's starting to grow on me.

whew... There I said it.

I'm also starting to like Adam Lambert, Joy Electric and early Black Metal. My own guilty pleasures include disco and My Chemical Romance. My buddy showed me their song Mama and I loved it.

Maroon 5's "Songs About Jane" and My Chemical Romance's "Black Parade".
They are both guilty pleasures.

Everyone who says "Nawww, I'm not embarrassed by any band I like!" hasn't mentioned a single dorky band that they like. Not one.

Funny thing that ...

Methinks the laddies protesteth too much.

C'mon ya dorks, tell us about yer love for Gaga and Beiber ... promise we won't laugh :p

I tried but I quite honestly don't like any of that kind of music. I'd freely admit it if I did.

Actually, I suppose Disturbed, I listen to them now and then out of nostalgia, I'm not really embarrassed by it, they make the kind of hard rock music that makes a great backdrop for playing games. I wouldn't sit down and critique it, it's fairly bland.

Winger, Warrant, Trixter, Firehouse, Enuff ZNuff and the Bulletboys there are you happy? LOL. then after I got tired of the 80's cheese and it was dying out anyway I got into bands like Slayer, Pantera, Prong, Sepultura and Anthrax, does that make up for liking those cheesy 80's bands?

Oh I forgot to mention Nelson, there top that.

Last edited:
I tried but I quite honestly don't like any of that kind of music. I'd freely admit it if I did.

Actually, I suppose Disturbed, I listen to them now and then out of nostalgia, I'm not really embarrassed by it, they make the kind of hard rock music that makes a great backdrop for playing games. I wouldn't sit down and critique it, it's fairly bland.

Yeah disturbed is another for me. Indestructible and The Sickness are sweet albums!

I am not embarrassed by any music I listen to. There is a reason I like it.

If I talk to my death metal friends, they might find it odd I love Bjork. If I talk to my jazz friends they might find it odd I love the misfits.

Maybe guilty pleasure is a better way to look at it.

ZZ Top, the Cars are some guilty pleasures.

If I talk to my death metal friends, they might find it odd I love Bjork. If I talk to my jazz friends they might find it odd I love the misfits.

Maybe guilty pleasure is a better way to look at it.

ZZ Top, the Cars are some guilty pleasures.

Oh yeah, I was playing Arcadia once, a band composed of the members of Duran Duran with some metal buddies around, they still give me shit about it.

Haha awesome thread.

Mindless Self Indulgence is the one I feel most guilty to listen to (please don't look them up)
I listen to blink 182 and LIKE Travis' drumming (he's got a good feel for drumming and so what if he's fast :p)

Also led Zepplin because I'm pretty sure they just recorded their jam sessions
Rush has been one also because I can't get any of my friends to like Geddy's voice :/

Think about it, Paistey old son, if someone's prepared to post here where almost half the world can see it, they're only pretending to be embarrassed.

I doubt that any of us are really embarrassed about the crud we enjoy. Just that when hanging out with our band mates we might not say, "Hey, I'm right into ABBA's Money Money Money". (Great song, though :)

Even that wouldn't embarrass me even a tenth as much as it would to a punk in 1978 who was a closet fan of Yes and Pink Floyd.

Haha, nice thread to the OP.

Mine are

Tears for fears (Their songs are just so Catchy)
Whitesnake
Steel Heart (Ever since I saw Rock Star, I can't get enough)

and the big one the most embarrasing Artist I listen to is Lady GaGa.

I am sorry but she writes some Damn good songs...

I am suprised I haven't seen a Rebecca Black joke yet...

I'll take it one step further... I really enjoy Glee and a lot of their performances! I don't go so far as to buy the albums but watch every week!

Venom.

If I listened to Led Zeppelin, I'd be embarrassed to let anyone know it.
I'm pretty embarrassed for this quote...

Winger, Warrant, Trixter, Firehouse, Enuff ZNuff and the Bulletboys there are you happy? LOL. then after I got tired of the 80's cheese and it was dying out anyway I got into bands like Slayer, Pantera, Prong, Sepultura and Anthrax, does that make up for liking those cheesy 80's bands?

Oh I forgot to mention Nelson, there top that.
I listen to Warrant back to back with Prong and Sepultura... Good music is good music.

Last edited:
Tears for fears (Their songs are just so Catchy)

Yeah, they were one of many uncool 80s pop acts that were super cool:

World Party - Ship of Fools
Spandau Ballet - Chant No 1
The Waterboys - The Whole of the Moon
Culture Club - Church of the Poisoned Mind
Frankie Goes to Hollywood - Relax
Thomas Dolby - Blinded Me with Science

ABC - "Be near me" OK, heading to therapy now.

Hi, my name is Doug and I'm addicted to the 80's.

For all you Aussies here, I just downloaded Men At Work;s greatest hits on to my iPod, and I enjoy listening to them immensely. Love the great harmonies, wind instruments and the use of the splash cymbal. And the music videos were so entertaining. How else would I learn about vegemite sandwiches?

Wow, I feel so free after getting that off my chest.... :)

This thread is very therapeudic.

Back