Genetically modified food

The FDA is in bed with Monsanto and others. FDA has Monsanto's and others best interests at heart over the American people. The FDA makes it seem like they are your advocate but nothing is further from the truth. Don't trust the FDA to do what is good for you, just don't. These are the same people who gave us the food pyramid. What a boon to American health that's been.You say they're lax and you don't know why. It's not too hard to deduce. It's the money that the multinationals give to the government to enable them to operate freely without outside scrutiny.

I saw an interview with an FDA official and she flat out stated, and I quote, that "the FDA feels that Monsanto can police themselves". Seriously? I HIT THE ROOF when I heard that. That says it all right there. The Food and Drug Administration feels that something as important as the food supply needs no policing? Really? The FDA condones sneaking GMO's into our food supply with no input from the consumers. If that is not a criminal act, then I don't know what is. Federal Government, criminal act. Yea, I have a major problem with that and so should you.

The US government and Monsanto have a long history of being in bed together and doing the wild thing. Monsanto suing small farmers because of cross-pollination due to the neglect of mega-farms using Monsanto product. The soaking of crops in Monsanto's Roundup Ready pesticide sh**t, The outrage goes on and on.

Anyway the safest thing you can do is buy certified organic. It may be more expensive but we don't have to eat like pigs either. Smaller portions are healthier. All Americans ask for is labeling of GMO food. Yet Monsanto is against it. Why, if it's so safe? Well the day will come soon when GMO labeling is a reality in the US. It's will take a bit longer..

Next outrage is mandatory fluoridation of water supplies in the US. That's a whole other discussion :)

I support the scientists too. But they are funded by the governments, and the info they uncover is manipulated by the bosses of those good scientists, that's why I don't trust government sources of info. The scientists are truthful, their PR bosses are not. Cross pollination in my mind is a far cry from taking certain genes out and inserting them wherever. You're lucky in that the EU bans GMO's and you don't have to ingest them. You have to ask yourself why that is? Maybe someone can tell me.

There is no credible scientific evidence showing GMOs are unhealthy, or any different in the human body than organic foods. Europe bans GMOs because Europe bans just about everything.

If you want to attack GMOs for the harm their crops may cause to the environment, or for the tactics their companies take against farmers, that's fair game and a different issue. But let's just make it clear there is no scientific evidence that GMOs are unhealthy.

Studies at Consumers Union show that people who consume organic food are exposed to 66% less pesticides than those who eat conventionally grown foods. That alone justifies rejecting GMOs. You won't immediately keel over after eating a GMO apple but over the years regular consumption of the stuff? Not me.

Last edited:
The FDA is in bed with Monsanto and others. FDA has Monsanto's and others best interests at heart over the American people. The FDA makes it seem like they are your advocate but nothing is further from the truth. Don't trust the FDA to do what is good for you, just don't. These are the same people who gave us the food pyramid. What a boon to American health that's been.You say they're lax and you don't know why. It's not too hard to deduce. It's the money that the multinationals give to the government to enable them to operate freely without outside scrutiny.

I saw an interview with an FDA official and she flat out stated, and I quote, that "the FDA feels that Monsanto can police themselves". Seriously? I HIT THE ROOF when I heard that. That says it all right there. The Food and Drug Administration feels that something as important as the food supply needs no policing? Really? The FDA condones sneaking GMO's into our food supply with no input from the consumers. If that is not a criminal act, then I don't know what is. Federal Government, criminal act. Yea, I have a major problem with that and so should you.

Larry...just another bit of information about the FDA.You know when you read about taking say....a vitamin,and it says the FDA recomended dose is.........Well do you know where that info comes from?

The company that made the vitamin...not the FDA,which is just a regulatory beauracratic agency,and not an agency that actually tests drugs.Private labs and the CDC actually do the testing.

Drug companies frurnish the necessary info to the FDA,and if it meets their criteria,then they give the necessary "FDA approved" stamp.So now, the drug company can sell the drug for an unregulated exorbitant amount of money to recoup their R&D investment as soon as possible.

Steve B

Sounds like we have a few conspiracy theorists. Personally, I think all of the governments are corrupt, but it is at the point that little or nothing can be done to change it. You vote in that leader that is your "friend" until someone gives them money under the table and then they just do whatever the person paying the most wants. I'm not saying all rich people are corrupt, but some are, and those few are making life worse for a lot of other people.

As far as the modified food is concerned, it probably would be nicer for it not to he genetically modified, but as long as I am not getting sick from it, I am ok. I have bigger worries than how the food I am eating was raised.

I don't want to belittle anyone else's opinion, I am just giving my own. I don't really care as much about certain things when we have people out in the cold freezing or starving.

I want to know how GMO's are being used, right now, to stop world hunger. I mean that's the banner under which it is being justified.

Larry I'm even skeptical about certified organic. Or the pledge on milk cartons: Our farmers pledge to not use RBHG growth hormones. So what, we are supposed to take their word? You have to be ultra diligent to obtain food that is not corrupted by anything. I don't know that it's even possible in today's commercial marketplace. Not much is as pervasive as the food and water supply.

You can call me a conspiracy theorist, if there is no better term. I feel it is more me looking out for my own best interests. Not much has more impact on your health as the food you eat and the water you drink. I just see right through the lies that are being so carefully fed (no pun intended) to us, and I have come to the conclusion that the powers that be regularly hide the real truth from the masses and count on us to be passive about it. I respectfully decline to oblige them there, I want them held to the same standards that everyone else is.

What if it was proven that GMO's are bad? Then what? That horse has already bolted from the barn. Government funded studies don't count, they are the ones on trial in my mind.

Studies at Consumers Union show that people who consume organic food are exposed to 66% less pesticides than those who eat conventionally grown foods. That alone justifies rejecting GMOs. You won't immediately keel over after eating a GMO apple but over the years regular consumption of the stuff? Not me.

Sorry, but i think you meant conventionally grown here.

A lot of the problem, from my understanding, is that Monsanto is trying to eliminate the competition by elimination of non-hybrid seeds. In other words, produce plants that cannot reproduce productive seeds. This is a huge problem. Not only will all the different varieties of certain plants disappear, but what if everybody has to grow the same corn? There used to be a dozen varieties of corn. Now there are just a few available. Monsanto is trying to make it so that all seeds must be bought every year from them. What if a certain crop catches a disease like the Irish and the potato famine back in the day? Can you imagine?

Right now it seems like half of the Southern Hemisphere is trying to move north to more industrialized and fair economies. Can you imagine if there is only one kind of corn and the crops fail due to disease? Where are we gonna go? Crazy? Yep, we're all screwed. I just do what I can do to keep myself out of the doctors office. I don't have enough money to change anything except my own approach to living. We vote with our dollars everyday. We support Wal-Mart, we support Gas Station Convenience stores, we support GMO's, and we support the Governments.
We are only human...

Was the government to prescribe to us our medicine and diet, our bodies would be in such keeping as our souls are now.
--Thomas Jefferson

( http://5gyres.org/what_is_the_issue/the_problem/ ) .

Last edited:
p.s. Get your Ludwig club date wmp snare yet Bob? I hope :)
I couldn't wait for Ludwig anymore. They kept promising a delivery that never cane. I bought a used one last week. It arrived yesterday. I love it. I'm trying some maple hoops on it tonight.

Up next:

Genetically Modified Humans

And since we've already given permission for companies to patent the new life forms they've created by splicing genes, we'll soon have copyrighted human beings. Won't that be fun.

At the rate we're reproducing, we probably won't have to worry about it too long before the crash occurs.

Check the current population clock:

http://www.census.gov/main/www/popclock.html

For those who prefer visuals:
worldpopgr.gif

http://www.susps.org/overview/numbers.html

Back