Yamaha Drum Pedal Question

I'm speechless. You got an incredibly good deal.

Yeah that's the only reason I got it...I just went in there to get some accessories...just a month ago they had a dw red velvet 5 piece collectors series for $1600 that one was open box store display but no one touched it since it was on the top self...that was a steal I wanted to get but didn't...

Well - I had to go check it out. I didn't ask about ordering anything, just went to check what they had. Not much at the local midwest store here.
The only acoustic drums were snares, and no sales. A couple electronic kits - one set up with Zildjian Gen16's. No sales.

They did have some stuff on sale though. I saw DW2000 single pedals for $49 and DW3000's for $69. Alesis Performance Pad for $104.

But the one that really caught my eye was Zildjian 20" K Ride for $225 - they had two of them.

Made it out of the store without bringing the K's with me, because I just got one recently. LOL

Well - I had to go check it out. I didn't ask about ordering anything, just went to check what they had. Not much at the local midwest store here.
The only acoustic drums were snares, and no sales. A couple electronic kits - one set up with Zildjian Gen16's. No sales.

They did have some stuff on sale though. I saw DW2000 single pedals for $49 and DW3000's for $69. Alesis Performance Pad for $104.

But the one that really caught my eye was Zildjian 20" K Ride for $225 - they had two of them.

Made it out of the store without bringing the K's with me, because I just got one recently. LOL

Well what i did was that I went to best buy.com and went to the open box and clearance section..you just type your location and it tells you what they have available...there selling out of stuff quick...the best deals I saw before were a zildjian 18 efx crash for 110...a sweet ride for 130...19 k custom crash china for 140..and some deals are not on there website but you have to look around..luckily here in California where I live there are alot of best buy music stores and looked around...

Well what i did was that I went to best buy.com and went to the open box and clearance section..you just type your location and it tells you what they have available...there selling out of stuff quick...the best deals I saw before were a zildjian 18 efx crash for 110...a sweet ride for 130...19 k custom crash china for 140..and some deals are not on there website but you have to look around..luckily here in California where I live there are alot of best buy music stores and looked around...

Ha ha - thanks for the tip. I never noticed that section on the site. So I actually made a trip to the store and just walked around and looked at stuff.
Looking at the site is a definite time saver, but it's still fun seeing and trying out stuff.

They list 4 Yamaha products at the store near here, but none of them are drums. 11 for Zildjian.

Edit: it's still hard for me to believe that deal you got. Also trying to get my head around that $130 new Sweet Ride. That's less than they go for used around here. Cymbals generally have a horrendous markup though. Hard not to feel you got ripped off when you buy a new cymbal.

Last edited:
Here's a picture of my little setup...I'm thinking of selling the two other pieces I got

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    420 KB · Views: 1,222
Ha ha - thanks for the tip. I never noticed that section on the site. So I actually made a trip to the store and just walked around and looked at stuff.
Looking at the site is a definite time saver, but it's still fun seeing and trying out stuff.

They list 4 Yamaha products at the store near here, but none of them are drums. 11 for Zildjian.

Edit: it's still hard for me to believe that deal you got. Also trying to get my head around that $130 new Sweet Ride. That's less than they go for used around here. Cymbals generally have a horrendous markup though. Hard not to feel you got ripped off when you buy a new cymbal.

Yeah man I also got the sweet ride..it came with the bag and it had some few fingerprints and also got a 18 zildjian zbt crash ride pack with 13" hi hats for $90 as you can see in the picture I provided

Here's a picture of my little setup...I'm thinking of selling the two other pieces I got

Man - what a score. That Yamaha hardware looks sweet.

Which two pieces are you thinking of selling? The snare and the other mounted tom? What kind of snare is in the pic?

Do those zbt hats sound any good? How about the crash/ride?
Too many questions? LOL

Last edited:
Man - what a score. That Yamaha hardware looks sweet.

Which two pieces are you thinking of selling? The snare and the other mounted tom? What kind of snare is in the pic?

Do those zbt hats sound any good? How about the crash/ride?
Too many questions? LOL

The snare and 10" Tom...it's a pdp ace snare 14x6.5
The 13" hi hats are decent...I mean they don't sound horrible there really high pitched there worth the money I paid for and the crash ride sounds high pitched too but you can tell a big difference between the quality with the higher end zildjians...they seem like they might break easy if you hit it hard but I do like the sound to be honest...

OK - I'll stop bugging you with all the questions now - LOL

Thanks for answering. And for the on-line tip. Enjoy all the new stuff.

I'll be quite honest with regards to swapping out the yamaha pedal for a Dw5000....I'd stick with the yamaha. I played 5000's for close to 20 years. Switched to a yamaha direct drive 2 years ago and haven't looked back. Yamaha makes a great pedal and it doesn't feel heavy like the DW's do.

Best way to decide, take your pedal to a local shop with you and do a side by side comparison with the DW

OK - I'll stop bugging you with all the questions now - LOL

Thanks for answering. And for the on-line tip. Enjoy all the new stuff.

It's cool man I ask alot of questions myself like many people I think everyone has the own opinions and experiences with stuff and its nice to know what people think and what gear they use...thanks man

Oh oh - one more question - LOL

That Zildjian K above the tom, and the PDP snare - did you get those the same time as everything else? And were they part of the clearance stuff?
So basically everything was all in one trip?

BTW - on your other thread about the bass drum head. I use an Evans Emad on my Stage Custom, and am pretty pleased with it.

Oh oh - one more question - LOL

That Zildjian K above the tom, and the PDP snare - did you get those the same time as everything else? And were they part of the clearance stuff?
So basically everything was all in one trip?

BTW - on your other thread about the bass drum head. I use an Evans Emad on my Stage Custom, and am pretty pleased with it.

Well the pdp snare I got about two years ago at best buy lol it was 100 but it was an open boxed clearance..the k custom I got at another best buy location for 150 it's a 19 k custom hybrid china..and no when I got the drums I got a drum head besides that...the other cymbals I got at yet another store near where I live...so it was three trips...I buy stuff only when it's cheap lol

Well the pdp snare I got about two years ago at best buy lol it was 100 but it was an open boxed clearance..the k custom I got at another best buy location for 150 it's a 19 k custom hybrid china..and no when I got the drums I got a drum head besides that...the other cymbals I got at yet another store near where I live...so it was three trips...I buy stuff only when it's cheap lol

And yeah the emad I'm thinking of getting...I'm thinking about the emad 2..but many people say the standard is the powerstroke 3...tuning for me is the not so easy part

And yeah the emad I'm thinking of getting...I'm thinking about the emad 2..but many people say the standard is the powerstroke 3...tuning for me is the not so easy part

Tuning is an art just as playing is. takes practice and time.

I replied on your other thread. PS3 batter, PS3 reso, 2" wide felt strip between batter and shell if you need a little damping.

Tuning is an art just as playing is. takes practice and time.

I replied on your other thread. PS3 batter, PS3 reso, 2" wide felt strip between batter and shell if you need a little damping.

Thanks for replying...yeah it is...all my life I've been a Latin percussion drummer so transitioning to a full drum set should be easy in a way but now tuning and head choosing is one of the hard parts...I will take your advice

Thanks for replying...yeah it is...all my life I've been a Latin percussion drummer so transitioning to a full drum set should be easy in a way but now tuning and head choosing is one of the hard parts...I will take your advice

check out Bob Gatzens videos on youtube to help you with your tuning. Great videos. Also John Good from DW has a really good video on drum tuning.

Bob Gatzen
www.youtube.com/results?search_quer....2.2.0.92.613.8.8.0...0.0...1ac.1.CoBny6ZEjNk

John Good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl9wgXSfxew&list=FL_D_lWB_lBGj_wcqD8opZBA&index=9

I have an earlier version of that same pedal, and it's always been great. I've put it side by side with a DW5000 and an Iron Cobra, and there's no difference. They're all essentially the same pedal. Double chain, spring, sturdy base plate, etc.,... It's a great pedal.

And I posted another thread about this, but I sent it to Drumnetics to have magnets and a direct drive installed, and now, it's just incredible. I wanted the magnets, and apparently, they work best with a direct drive, so he put one on. It's sweet!

Back