hey, i know that guy!!!

boltzmann's brain

http://youtu.be/o_uNuh9COEA
that's me on the drumbs, at a club in richland, warshington, called "ray's golden lion", an interesting place, to say the least. i'm no longer with this band (i lasted a year and a half with these guys), but what a rush it was! they like to travel, and they have minimal obligations, where as i am old, and have many. those are my beloved sonor force 3000s, german, which i bought new in '92, and have been thrashing on mercilessly since then.

Nice drum solo man! You used your chops rhythmically, I appreciate that. The drums sound great, nice tuning, nice playing. Is this the first playing you posted?

thank you very much! in reading your posts i get the feeling you're an accomplished drummer, so that means a lot coming from you. this is the first i've posted, yes. those sonors are incredible, and i love them. they're only force 3000's, but they're german, and the workmanship is amazing. the hardware is preposterously heavy, and has held up for 20 years of my savagery. the lug threads have brass inserts, and there are lots of fine touches one would not expect in a "mid-range" drum set. i also have a 50 (!) year 4 piece sonor beech teardrop set that is my go-to these days. thanks again for the kind words. :)

Talking about "didn't see that coming". By that I mean the strange cowbell action. It was a good break, but it didn't really fit I think. Seemed like you were going for another feel or genre and then all of a sudden you started blasting thousands of notes again. Something like that is good if you stretch it out. Think about your solo in front, make a good build up. It's too sudden here.

Don't get me wrong, some nice chops there, but the structure of your solo could be a bit better!

Talking about "didn't see that coming". By that I mean the strange cowbell action. It was a good break, but it didn't really fit I think. Seemed like you were going for another feel or genre and then all of a sudden you started blasting thousands of notes again. Something like that is good if you stretch it out. Think about your solo in front, make a good build up. It's too sudden here.

Don't get me wrong, some nice chops there, but the structure of your solo could be a bit better!
i agree. i was told to keep it short (my solos tend to get a little long). i modulated into the triplet feel, and went into that 6/8 afro-cuban (with double bass underneath, lol). throwing a bunch of styles into a food processor, and see what happens. :)

I'm not familiar with the material but it's interesting to hear the blend of heavy guitar with the horns. Not that it's not done frequently, I'm just not exposed to it. Interesting vibe - in a cool way.

I think what you played was really good. I stink at extended solos so anything you did or could do was better than anything I'm capable of.

I say, share more!

Back