New here!

eliRYO

Hey all,

Just joined after lurking for some time and being rejected (how come they don't respond even after over 5 tries to join) by PDF repeatedly. Anyway, here is all my gear.

Main Set-
Tama Superstar HyerDrive
10x6.5
12x7
13x6.5 (Side Snare)
14x5 (Main Snare) -- Vintage '64 Rogers
16x14
18x16
22x20 (A little bit overboard but sounds killer.)
Cymbals
18" Zildjian Armand Medium Thin Crash
14" Vintage '70s Armand Hats (Might be old NB's; not sure)
22" Dream Contact Crash/Ride
19" Zildjian K Custom Hybrid Crash
19" Zildjian A Custom Crash
18" Zildjian Armand China High
Hardware
Yamaha Flying Dragon Single Pedal
Various Sound Percussion/Gibraltar Stands
Pork Pie Throne
Vic Firth 7A Woodtips

Other Sets/Gear-
Yamaha Oak Custom -- Discontinued
12x10
14x7 (Snare)
16x14?
24x17
Rogers '64
13x9
14x5(See Main Set)
16x16
20x14
Cymbals
20" Vintage Zildjian Heavy Ride
20" Vintage Zildjian "Sizzle" Crash/Ride
18" Vintage Zildjian Thin Crash (Cracked)
12" Sabian XS20 Splash
14" Crappy No-Name Hats
Hardware
Tama Iron Cobra PowerGlide Couble Pedals
PDP Double Pedals

I have recently replaced the heads on the Tamas with Coated Emps and will be changing the resos as soon as I make a little bit of money.

Tell me what you think! ;)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 305
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 301
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 305
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 304
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 302
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 300
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 298
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 302
Halo :D Yes, PDF is quite annoying as far as registration goes. I try about once a month but give up after a day or two of no joy.

Major props on the 19" K Custom Hybrid crash. I have one and it's quite possibly the best cymbal I've ever heard.

If you ever get Shiny Object syndrome, you might want to consider a Tama Metalworks snare for the Hyperdrive kit. The brushed nickel would match perfectly.

Welcome to the better half!

Welcome to the forum. Nice gear. Nice looking dog too! :)

Thanks for sharing.

Damn, nice kit mate, you must be proud :), welcome to this glorious forum!!!! :D
If you ever have a question about something the answer will most likely be here, and perhaps you can answer others questions :). Thanks :)

Welcom.

How do you like the 22" Dream Contact Crash/Ride? My local drum shop carries Dream cymbals, and I'm considering checking them out. I'll go down and bang on them for while, but I would like to know your impressions.

Best,
rjvsmb

Looks great mate, welcome to the forum!

I've got a 22x20 as well, totally worth it I think, they create such a beautiful tone. Love the Rogers too.

Great looking setup for the Tama, looks very comfortable to play.

Welcom.

How do you like the 22" Dream Contact Crash/Ride? My local drum shop carries Dream cymbals, and I'm considering checking them out. I'll go down and bang on them for while, but I would like to know your impressions.

Best,
rjvsmb

The entire Dream line is hit or miss, honestly. I happened to have lucked out with this ride. When you go check them out, be ready to check out maybe 10 rides of the same model before you find one that really catches your eye/ear.

As for the sound, well, the stick definition is great. Just enough wash to give that full sound. The crash is big and loud but surprisingly, without dampening, backs off quickly. I use it as a crash as well. The bell is defined and piercing, but not so much as to annoy. Overall, the cymbal has a certain "crunchiness" and bite to it that I just love. Plus, it's hard to beat a ride this good for about $125.

Welcome to the brotherhood! You have a complete warehouse and a quite good investment...enjoy it!

Back