How do I need to tune a G2 Coated over G1 Clear...

I have CX with Fast Tom sizes. I like to tune them as low as possible ...just till you get the wrinkles out. Then I cheat.

I have a .mp3 track of acoustic electronic toms that repeat the note over and over for about a minute for each tom size (8,10,12,14). I pitch tune them as close as possible to these notes.

I have CX with Fast Tom sizes. I like to tune them as low as possible ...just till you get the wrinkles out. Then I cheat.

I have a .mp3 track of acoustic electronic toms that repeat the note over and over for about a minute for each tom size (8,10,12,14). I pitch tune them as close as possible to these notes.

HEY, lemme get in on some of that cheating action...I will take that @ [email protected] if ya don't mind Nodiggie, I like cheats

Regardless of what pitch you tune them to, try to keep the batter head and the resonant head close to the same tension. This will give you the best resonance. If you get out of balance, and one head is alot tighter than the other, you will get a very dead sounding drum, regardless of what pitch it's tuned to. Personally, I keep my bottom resos about 1/4 turn tighter than my top batters.

Finger tension the reso.
Slowly increase tension.
Get the tone you want, then keep going. If you like the pitch after the tightening, keep it. If you don't, bring it back down.
You'd be surprised how much more full a drum sounds when it's tensioned a little bit more.

Repeat for the batter side.

lol
You like that?
Sad to say....my boy confiscated my .mp3 player (his broke) and my file is GONE !!!

Never fear, I'll just make another one... : )

Back