My Custom Classic birch Jazzer

Thanks for the review, they must sound much better in person. BTW I really like that kit, with stock heads it sounded great on the sigler demo video.

That is a nice set! And I am interested to hear the Amici's - I'm gonna look 'em up on youtube.

Thanks for the review, they must sound much better in person. BTW I really like that kit, with stock heads it sounded great on the sigler demo video.

Made in the same factory as the Catalinas..same level of quality..birch shells,,just a really noice kit for not much cash. It blows doors sound wise on the Catalina Club Jazz kits I had.

Nice find Pearly Gates ! That Piano Black finish looks flawless. Sigler just needs to go ahead and offer ALL popular sizes in kicks and toms, then they would probably take off.

Nice find Pearly Gates ! That Piano Black finish looks flawless. Sigler just needs to go ahead and offer ALL popular sizes in kicks and toms, then they would probably take off.

I believe Chris Ward is in the process of developing a full line of kits.

Thanks, They really sound great!

Your right Artstar, If the option of a 20" kick was available, I'd be all over it.
The 18" is pretty punchy! A 20 would be a body blow to the mid section!!!

Toss a Super Kick or Emad on the 18.... it'll be much like a 20". I've been on the fence due to the 18" kick (and the fact that I have a couple 20" heads here for a kit I was going to build for myself) but I figured it'll get the job done and if you actually play jazz gigs, smaller is better for most locations.

CIMG0075.jpg

CIMG0060-1.jpg

CIMG0053-1.jpg

CIMG0059-1.jpg

CIMG0073.jpg

CIMG0068.jpg

CIMG0063-1.jpg

CIMG0047-1.jpg

CIMG0048.jpg

CIMG0057-1.jpg

I'm confused. So you bought a Gretsch Cat Jazz, then got rid of it. Bought another Gretsch Jazz, then sold it. Then was going to buy another Gretsch Cat Jazz?

1. Why sell something to replace it with the same thing?

2. For all that trouble, you could have changed your heads on the first one and had more of a kit than you have now.

At the time I owned the Cat Jazz kits. I had several other kits and the Jazzers were merely a novelty item of sorts. Now I have a need for a smaller kit and the CC just sounds better to my ears.

There is one thing I don't like. Your mount upside down. Your tom can fall on your bass!

There is one thing I don't like. Your mount upside down. Your tom can fall on your bass!
I saw the L rod pointing down also. I thought about it for a while and I realized that as long as you tighten the tom screw it won't be a problem. I've seen other drummers do this before.
I don't point my L rod down because I like to be able to remove my tom quickly after a gig.

I saw the L rod pointing down also. I thought about it for a while and I realized that as long as you tighten the tom screw it won't be a problem. I've seen other drummers do this before.
I don't point my L rod down because I like to be able to remove my tom quickly after a gig.
Yeah that was a concern (having the tom fall on my kick drum)
I have it right side up now.

A couple of pix from last weekend (gig set up)

CajunBarbeque5-1-10049.jpg

CajunBarbeque5-1-10053.jpg

CajunBarbeque5-1-10056.jpg

CajunBarbeque5-1-10074.jpg

The kit has been hassle free, and sounding awesome!

Last edited:
Back