Alphonse Mouzon

Richard,

At least in Spain we can not see which track are you posting of Alphonse, could you tell me the name and band, please.

He was great drummer, and in the 70´s and begining of the 80´s was a real star in the scene. I had the privilege of playing in a clinic a duo with him (we were playing both back then for Sonor) in Berlin (1983).

It sure was a disaster his death, so young still!

Last edited:
Im mostly familiar with his Jaco stuff, I need to expand my Alphonse awareness. Anyone recommend a good album or two to try? What was Bonham digin' on?

Also, thats super cool Alex, I love hearing about your experiences and seeing the pics you share, much appreciated and enjoyed!

Richard,

At least in Spain we can not see which track are you posting of Alphonse, could you tell me the name and band, please.

He was great drummer, and in the 70´s and begining of the 80´s was a real star in th scene. I had the privile of playing in a clinic a duo with him (we were playing both back then for Sonor) in Berlin (1983).

It sure was a disaster his death, so young still!

Oops! Track was "The Lord Is Back" by Eugene McDaniels. That is incredible you got to play with him!

Im mostly familiar with his Jaco stuff, I need to expand my Alphonse awareness. Anyone recommend a good album or two to try? What was Bonham digin' on?

Also, thats super cool Alex, I love hearing about your experiences and seeing the pics you share, much appreciated and enjoyed!

What spurred me to make this thread was his work on the Eugene McDaniels album "Headless Heroes Of The Apocolypse". Highly recommended!!!

Wow, some guys dream about it, some guys DO IT!! Amazing Alex, thanks for sharing.

Thanks for recommendations RAwesome.

Back