Matt Cameron

i just got PJs new album and i have to say i'm a little disappointed. given the drumming is incredible, but for matt its just good if you get what i'm saying. good songs but i think PJs style sort of holds matt back. you should still check out the album! but its no soundgarden

thanks for the videos. they're really great. if you go to http://web.stargate.net/soundgarden/ there are more videos there. they're bad quality and some of them are really short, but there's a performance of pretty noose at SNL which is pretty cool.

personally, i loved the new pearl jam album. it's got the aggressiveness that the previous two albums didn't have.

i heard of him by reputation before i heard him play, and he did not dissapoint. it was a recent pearl jam tv performance.

HardRockDrummer said:
dont you mean dave grohl?
No i mean, Cameron. He drummed with them around when the first moved from Kyuss to QOTSA, i believe. He's mentioned in the credits of their DVD.

TopCat said:
I just found out Cameron played with QOTSA for a while. Crazy.

Just found out he played for the The Smashing Pumpkins Cameron contributed drumming on seven tracks considered for Adore though only For Martha appeared on the album. And that Cameron has also contributed to the film soundtrack to 2001's Spider-Man, playing on "Hero" with Chad Kroeger and Josey Scott.

OK, someone wanted to hear Matt solo...just listen to the song "Just Like Suicide" from Superunknown... the first part of the song he's drumming in a small kit, with snares off...then, about halfway, a second (and bigger) drumkit sound comes in and BOOM! It's just amazing, he solos over the band's figures and even though it's not long,oh boy, does this man have taste...and tha's rock and roll taste...the fills around the figures are just so musical...and even before the soloing starts, he's playing this rhythm on the ride and bass drum that's just soooo tasty...well, I hope you can check it out, I just learned that part and started playing along to it and it's just one of those songs that when you play it along, you get goosebumps...enjoy!

just got back from Reading festival, went for sunday to catch Pearl Jam. They were amazing, blew every band on that day out the water. Matt was on fire, I was in complete awe of him. I have allways been a fan, but seeing him live really hammered it home what a great drummer he is. He played a solo too, and whoa that guy has got some chops.

I love Pearl Jam, and has made my year easy. I hope now they will come to england to more now.

samthebeat said:
just got back from Reading festival, went for sunday to catch Pearl Jam. They were amazing, blew every band on that day out the water. Matt was on fire, I was in complete awe of him. I have allways been a fan, but seeing him live really hammered it home what a great drummer he is. He played a solo too, and whoa that guy has got some chops.

I love Pearl Jam, and has made my year easy. I hope now they will come to england to more now.
i saw that on TV. it was absolutely phenomenal. i envy you being there. it must have been amazing. unfortunately those (insert offensive term here)s at the BBC didn't show the encore untill too late and i was far too tired to stay up. but i caught the solo and it was very classy indeed.

Pearl Jam has re-done the Who song "Rain". Check it out. Matt can definately make Keith Moon proud!

here are some pics of him and pearl jam at nova rock last week, k a few are blurry forgive me, i reckon him and jimmy chamberlain most solid drummers ever but thats me, anyways pics

100607633a4785203316l.jpg

100607633a4785116870l.jpg

100607633a4785151101l.jpg

100607633a4785171114l.jpg

100607633a4785134745l.jpg

OK, someone wanted to hear Matt solo...just listen to the song "Just Like Suicide" from Superunknown... the first part of the song he's drumming in a small kit, with snares off...then, about halfway, a second (and bigger) drumkit sound comes in and BOOM! It's just amazing, he solos over the band's figures and even though it's not long,oh boy, does this man have taste...and tha's rock and roll taste...the fills around the figures are just so musical...and even before the soloing starts, he's playing this rhythm on the ride and bass drum that's just soooo tasty...well, I hope you can check it out, I just learned that part and started playing along to it and it's just one of those songs that when you play it along, you get goosebumps...enjoy!

Amen.

One of my favorite Soundgarden drum parts ever. Theres just something about the snare when it comes in that just sends chills down my spine. The whole song is amazing.

Back