Evans new Level 360 drum heads

I may have to make the full switch to Evans soon. I'm skeptical about whether or not I will find a snare head as good as a coated Ambassador

I wasn't really sure what to expect but I just got a new EC2 and I was really surprised how quickly I got a nice tone out of the head. It really was faster to get it in tune and more importantly it has stayed in tune so far.

I'm hard to impress, but I am right now. Nice job Evans!

I put Evans Level 360 resonant heads on my toms and used an EQ3 for my front bass drum head. Remo's are on all my batter heads. My snare still has the factory reso.

I've never been happier with the sound of my drums.

I wasn't really sure what to expect but I just got a new EC2 and I was really surprised how quickly I got a nice tone out of the head. It really was faster to get it in tune and more importantly it has stayed in tune so far.

I'm hard to impress, but I am right now. Nice job Evans!

Thanks! This is true testament to what Level 360 offers in combination with our quality and wide variety of options. Not just a marketing gimmick. Cheers!

I put Evans Level 360 resonant heads on my toms and used an EQ3 for my front bass drum head. Remo's are on all my batter heads. My snare still has the factory reso.

I've never been happier with the sound of my drums.

Just wait until you get Evans heads with Level 360 on your batters- golden drum sounds!

Thanks! This is true testament to what Level 360 offers in combination with our quality and wide variety of options. Not just a marketing gimmick. Cheers!

Just wait until you get Evans heads with Level 360 on your batters- golden drum sounds!

I have been use G2's for live performances for a while. What else would you recommend in the lineup as a good choice?

I bet. I've used EC2's in the past. We use the EC2 heads on the Starclassic set at the studio. They sound great. I'll try some G2 heads on my Rockstar kit next time in place of the Emperors, but I do like my snare batter Amb. Although I do prefer the HD Dry on my old Gretsch snare. :)

I have been use G2's for live performances for a while. What else would you recommend in the lineup as a good choice?

Lots of great options to choose from. Personally, I like the response of a balanced set- G1 (10mil) on my high tom, G12 (12mil) on my mid tom, G14 (14mil) on my floor tom. It's the perfect balanced of attack, tone, and sustain for each individual drum- a very dynamic setup!

I also really dig EC2S clears for more controlled rock sounds. When depth of tone is the primary focus, Black Chromes are my go-to choice (seriously deep!).

Cheers!

Thanks man! I have been using all Evans heads for a while now. You guys even sent me some for military donations when I was overseas. Would you recommend that setup also with the reso heads? I use all G1 clears on the reso side for toms; might actually help the drum resonate better with the same heads top and bottom.

All my gigs here lately I get a TON of compliments on my drums. I let them know my little secret....although its on my bass drum reso head. I might want to try the coated over coated approach like Florian Alexandru-Zorn and Benny Greb.

I had someone at Evans send me a free set of the new 360 heads to try as I had expressed distaste at the durability of their old coating compared to Aquarians (unbeatable) coating quality - but still better than the embarrasing Remo excuse!

I've had the heads on my garage 'practice' kit for a few weeks now and I must hand it to them...the coating is a lot better than before. Compared to before, the wear is minimal, and the sound seems to have warmed up considerably (G2 by the way) on the toms. Initial tuning seems to hold a little better too. I used to have to do some serious stretching and resting to get them to settle before, but it took just a little tweaking each time I sat down for the first few times to get them sat for good. I like the sound so they'll stay on until they wear out for sure.

I wouldn't say it's converted me away from Aquarian but I would certainly not worry now if I had to choose something else out of necessity/availability. I have no option but to buy mail-order for Aquarian in my area so I have to be prepared but most stores here are carrying the 360s now so it's definitely my #2 choice for sure.

I wouldn't say it's converted me away from Aquarian but I would certainly not worry now if I had to choose something else out of necessity/availability. I have no option but to buy mail-order for Aquarian in my area so I have to be prepared but most stores here are carrying the 360s now so it's definitely my #2 choice for sure.

All great manufacturing companies in all walks of life really stress to be #2. ;)

Just a joke....or is it?

Dennis

I'm pretty set on making us #1 :)

A little off topic here but how do you measure #1? Market share? Total revenue? With Evans quality and consistency it could be argued that Evans already is #1 but sound is so subjective. How is that measured?

Thanks

A little off topic here but how do you measure #1? Market share? Total revenue? With Evans quality and consistency it could be argued that Evans already is #1 but sound is so subjective. How is that measured?

Thanks

I like leaving it sort of vague- it means we're always striving to get better. I already think that we make the best heads available for the widest array of sounds. I'll continue to make sure that we offer the best customer support as well.

just played on these last night at a jam session.

MAN! these heads were killin. not sure if i'd use them 100% for jazz but let me tell you, such a clear, open, FULL and focused sound.. extremely focused but not small sounding or feeling. not extremely loud also but they had such a presence from behind the kit and even at the back of the room. think of a remo emperor with less overtones and even more full tone.. so great

Back