Next Stage Custom?

Sounds like your "Next Stage Custom" is a PDP Concept Maple/Birch. Graduated counter hoops, fine pitch tension rods, DW style tom suspension, Mag throw off, tons of pre-packaged configurations, tons of other size options, tons of different finishes, and similar pricing to the Yamaha Stage Custom.

... painted hoops? Nope.

I really am annoying a lot of people for saying a painted hoops is an important factor for me because it's so easily replaceable. Only bad thing is nobody in my area is selling any fully painted hoops in a 22" size. Nobody. Not even stores. So I really am looking for a kit with fully painted hoops like the Decade Maple BUT that has 2 holes in the kick drum so it will look pretty damn strange when I remove the tom mounts. Why not put 1?

The only kit with painted hoops under 1200 euros is the Decade Maple.

... painted hoops? Nope.

I really am annoying a lot of people for saying a painted hoops is an important factor for me because it's so easily replaceable. Only bad thing is nobody in my area is selling any fully painted hoops in a 22" size. Nobody. Not even stores. So I really am looking for a kit with fully painted hoops like the Decade Maple BUT that has 2 holes in the kick drum so it will look pretty damn strange when I remove the tom mounts. Why not put 1?

Just out of curiosity... What make and model car do you drive?

... painted hoops? Nope.

I'm standing in front of a SC right now and the BD hoop is finished with the same stain and poly coat as the kit.

Are you talking about the inside circumference of the hoop or something? In a world of $500 kits with Aluminum, plastic and ribbon-wrapped wooden hoops...... The natural-finish inner circumference is your holdup? Correct?

What is Italian for a spray paint "rattle can"? Barattolo?

It means if Pearl can make 3 new finishes, more limited edition finishes and start colouring their hoops without raising the price by 1 cent, Yamaha could paint their damn hoops and give us at least 2 more lacquer finishes.

Or it could mean that Pearl is losing sales to Yamaha, and has to do something to attract more buyers, even if that means making less on each sale.

I have no idea if that is true, but there are many possible explanations for why companies do what they do. Unless you or I work for Pearl, we have no idea what the impact of that decision is, financially or otherwise.

... painted hoops? Nope.

You can get a cover plate from Pearl to cover those holes for the Tom mounts if it perturbes your sensibilities.

Certain configurations of the Decade Maple come with a "virgin" bass drum. The ones that come with the mount don't actually have big holes through the bass drum. Just 4 mounting holes for the tom mount holder. The pipes aren't designed to go through the shell.

Certain configurations of the Decade Maple come with a "virgin" bass drum. The ones that come with the mount don't actually have big holes through the bass drum. Just 4 mounting holes for the tom mount holder. The pipes aren't designed to go through the shell.
I want to believe you, but to my knowledge this would be a first for Pearl. I don't see any way to adjust the up/down on the tom holder otherwise. If this truly is a feature on the Decade Maple, this should absolutely be a feature on the more expensive lines as well.

This whole topic is kind of like complaining about 9.99 restaurant steaks.

I'm standing in front of a SC right now and the BD hoop is finished with the same stain and poly coat as the kit.

Are you talking about the inside circumference of the hoop or something? In a world of $500 kits with Aluminum, plastic and ribbon-wrapped wooden hoops...... The natural-finish inner circumference is your holdup? Correct?

What is Italian for a spray paint "rattle can"? Barattolo?

Yes that is my hold up and spray paint is not going to do it for me.

Hi,
I really want to buy Yamaha Stage Custom drums except for the fact that I want to change every single thing about them.
aTebn5yT4.gif

Hey, the guy wants what he wants. More power to him. It's all harmless.

We have to watch that we don't become too closed minded. In everything.

Just wondering if you were able to decide on a car or if your still hoping the next generation of the Hyundai Accent will have all the features of a MB CLK while still priced like a Hyundai.

Sorry man, didn't know painted hoops costed 10000 dollars. My bad.

Also sorry to you, didn't know wanting painted hoops is being closed minded.

Actually I wasn't referring to what you wanted. I was referring to everybody not approving what you wanted. I was sticking up for you.

Thanks for making me regret that.

Back