Time For New Pedals!

blackmaze123

There is no music store in my area that has double bass pedals. and i am currently using a cheap $80 GP pedal :/ it's horrible to say the least lol. i've been playing double pedal for a few months and im trying to get better. im looking to get another one. i have the Tama Speedcobra, Mapex Falcon, and Taye metalworks pedals in mind. anyone help a lil on which to choose? or suggests a different pedal perhaps?

No Doubles in the shops near you?
Where do you live?
The stores near me have more doubles than singles.

Basically, if you try a single and you like it, You will like the double version of the pedal.

well actually no doubles or singles, i live in high springs florida and all we have are stupid guitar shops lol. so theres no store for me to go and try out pedals.

Its impossible to buy a set of pedals without trying them.
I like the Speed Cobra and the Iron Cobras.
You may try them and think that they are crap.
It is a personal thing.

well im currently playing on the crappiest pedals i've ever seen lol. i think the speedcobra looks amazing, it has everything im looking for. have you had any past experience with other pedals?

I'm a single pedal player.
I began using the Iron Cobra about five years ago.
I recently tried the Speed Cobra and I liked it.
It is a lot different than the Iron Cobra.

You will have to take a road trip and try some pedals for yourself.

It is lighter and it has a different footboard.
It is a different animal.
It isn't better, it is different.
I like the heavy feel of the classic Iron Cobra slightly more.
That is just me!
Like I said, Its personal.

Notice that Tama still has the classic Cobra.

The SC is very, very nice; smooth and powerful. Lose the Cobra Coils, though; they are very, very stupid ;)

Its impossible to buy a set of pedals without trying them.
I like the Speed Cobra and the Iron Cobras.
You may try them and think that they are crap.
It is a personal thing.
Buying pedals is very personal. I would never ever buy a pedal without trying it out. The only thing I would risk doing that with is certain cymbals.

I'm a single pedal player.
I began using the Iron Cobra about five years ago.
I recently tried the Speed Cobra and I liked it.
It is a lot different than the Iron Cobra.

You will have to take a road trip and try some pedals for yourself.
I went from DW to the IC's a few years ago. I tried the new tama pedal and liked it a great deal more but it is a totally different pedal.

well im currently playing on the crappiest pedals i've ever seen lol. i think the speedcobra looks amazing, it has everything im looking for. have you had any past experience with other pedals?

Sounds like any of the pedals you mentioned would be a significant upgrade. I tried a single pedal speed cobra in a store near my house and it felt really good. Ive used (although am about to replace) a Iron Cobra for most of my drumming carrear. However, I did not care of the Iron Cobra as a double pedal. But like I said, any of those pedals would be an uprage for what youre using. Id say go for whichever one fits best into your budget.

Hi blackmaze.

I'm going to throw a monkey wrench into the mix. Read about the Off-Set double bass pedal. No, you can't buy it locally, but it looks like you're buying online anyway! They have a money-back guarantee, so you can try them out. The link is a review of the pedal. I own them, and I love them. I hope the info helps!

Oh, don't forget to read the interview with the creator of the pedal (it's a link at the end of the article, in the footnote section).

Good luck!

Have a look at Pearl Eliminators also. I got mine last year and so far it's been the best investment, as far as drums, that i've made yet. They are very adjustable and smooth. They also come with different cams so you can set the pedal up to get the right feel that you like.

Of course this is all a matter of opinion. As the others mentiond..you would be much better off going on a road trip and trying out different pedals and getting something YOU like. Good luck with your search!!

Back