Five Finger Death Punch

2) Austrian Death Machine is decent, but not a band I'd really "support". Just another of Tim's various side projects. Very entertaining, though.

It's just a cool concept I'm glad has come to fruition. Besides, would it really be a tribute to Ah-nuld if it weren't metal of some sort? I can't imagine the Governator rocking out to punk.

its a band that i descibe to myself as bland and primitive. they just really dont do it for me. im into bands like periphery, sybreed, soilwork, meshuggah, august burns red, etc etc

Yeahh! August Burns Red.
There a Christian band you know?
It's awesome!!

To me they play a very radio friendly form of metal, derivative of the other groove metal bands like pantera, machine head and that sort of thing.
Great description.

I like them for what they are, they are one of my go-to easy listening bands when I'm in such a mood.

The name is a little bit of a throw off, makes them sound Metal-Core.

What is with "true metalheads" and bagging metal-core, it is a style but for some reason the label has been associated with crap (just as what happened with the nu metal label).

Shadows Fall, now that is a good metal-core band, none of this factory music that fills the room on mainstream radio.

I'm a lyric guy. If a song starts out and the first line is , for example " I like your pants around your feet" (Nickleback), or something lame like " Step up to me Motherf****r ". Then i'm done with it. There is a market for it and yes someone will buy into it., but it's so overdone, a total yawn fest. At least go out and buy a thesaurus. The commercialized aspect of the music by itself doesn't bother me so much even though FFDP didn't arouse me in the riff department.

Five Finger Death Punch doesn't arouse you in the riff department?

The line "step to me motherfukker" comes from their song "the way of the fist", and just so happens to have an incredible main riff.
Everytime I hear it it pumps me up.

unoriginal, bland music with totally juvenile lyrics. Great music for angry young men with a poor vocabulary.

This. Really don't like this band. And I automatically dislike a band if they go around branding themselves as "true" or whatever

can't say as i've listened to them, but what i can tell you is ivan is a d*ck. i don't like the way he bags on all the local bands, his first few bands here before he took off to cali sucked. the people i know that have worked with him hated it and most of the musicians around here swear they'll never work with him again. the few times i met him he was all high and mighty talking about how he was all great and how every band here sucks except him. he's all nice and pleasent in interviews but i'll tell you from personal experience, it's all fake. the dude is just a straight up dink....

but his mom is cool, she gave me brownies......

I saw them live a few years ago. They were alright. I'm not a fan of them really, they were opening for a few other bands. Although I did like their cover of Bad Company.

Five Finger Death Punch In my opinion is one of the generic Metal bands that comes out every say... 6 months or so. They are decent and alright to have a song or two in a play list but more than a few songs from them and I am burnt on listening to the same thing. Now August Burns Red is one of those AWFUL Hardcore groups that sprouts about every 2 weeks. Any hardcore music has no creativity whatsoever. A lot of the bands I have heard that are hardcore have some very talented musicians, hell even some decent clean singers. I just cant wait for this style to end.

Now August Burns Red is one of those AWFUL Hardcore groups that sprouts about every 2 weeks. Any hardcore music has no creativity whatsoever. A lot of the bands I have heard that are hardcore have some very talented musicians, hell even some decent clean singers. I just cant wait for this style to end.
Seems like you don't really know what hardcore actually is. This article is good for start:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardcore_punk

Back