Would a Demon Drive or Trick Drive Shaft/Linkage work on an Iron Cobra?

jondrumming

Is it the same fit? Would it make the Iron Cobra double feel like two singles? And I know Trick probably won't, but since the Demon Drive's parts are so readily available, how much would they sell the drive shaft for?

I can't speak for the DD but I know the Trick and the IC are not compatible (I own both). I would guess the Pearl isn't either though.

Is it the same fit? Would it make the Iron Cobra double feel like two singles? And I know Trick probably won't, but since the Demon Drive's parts are so readily available, how much would they sell the drive shaft for?

Axis shaft will fit.

Attachments

• Picture 10.png
    Picture 10.png
    42.5 KB · Views: 2,212
Does the Axis shaft achieve the same feel as the Trick or Demon Drive? The whole "no latency, "no backlash", "no play" effect?

How much would one of those cost?

Achieve the whole "no latency, "no backlash", "no play" effect ? Axis pioneered it, were first with a zero backlash drive shaft.

The AXIS UNIVERSAL DRIVE SHAFT or UDS will let you replace those old worn out factory drive shafts from other manufacturers double pedals with the same high quality, smooth feeling drive shaft that is used on all AXIS double pedals. The U-joint adapters are made to work with most popular pedals. (Call for details).-Axis site

Under $100 (last I heard)

I recently ordered the Axis Universal Drive Shaft from Sam Ash Music. It was listed for $107.99 with free ground shipping. I found a coupon code online, which took $20 off in the check out. Grand total of $87.99 - ordered on a Monday and arrived that Thursday.

My tama drive shaft was a mess. Tons of play in the joints, two of the lugs were stripped, and it was even a bit bend on one side. This Axis drive shaft has no play in the joints and is very smooth. My single stroke jumped 20bpm the first time I used it.

I did have to add a small shim to the master pedal side because there was some rubbing between the Axis connector and the ring at the top of the spring, but this is a minor detail for me.

Tama's shaft is terrible. Most companies shafts have 'play' right out of the box and immediately star to wear when used, just poor designs.

Another plus with Axis pedals is their output shaft's (the piece that goes into the drive-shaft from the pedal). Axis output shaft is larger, transferring more power to the drive-shaft and ultimately the beater.

SOO does this axis drive shaft make the iron cobra's, or in my case, the dw 5000's feel like they r 2 seperate single pedals? I noticed dw sells a heavy duty linkage with ball bearing universals? If so would this achieve the same effect??

Just to clarify:

What effect does the drive shaft have on how a pedal feels or performs? What's this 'play' I keep seeing?

Just to clarify:

What effect does the drive shaft have on how a pedal feels or performs? What's this 'play' I keep seeing?

The "play" relates to the lagging feel you can get from a slave pedal. The master pedal plays just like a single pedal, immediately responding to what your foot is playing. The slave, often does not.....due to excess lateral movement in the drive shaft (or, 'play'). The drive shafts discussed here all claim to eliminate that lateral movement which gives you more response from the slave pedals......basically, your left pedal feels like the right.

Looks like the Axis shaft does what it claims to do and I know from experience the DD shaft does too.

SOO does this axis drive shaft make the iron cobra's, or in my case, the dw 5000's feel like they r 2 seperate single pedals? I noticed dw sells a heavy duty linkage with ball bearing universals? If so would this achieve the same effect??

Probably not, though you will feel a positive difference.

The only pedal that'll feel identical are the OFFSET designs, where you're playing two slaves, both feeling crappier than a primary that's not there to compare em with.

Back