The DW 5520-2 - Need some information!

Zorlee

Hi everyone!
I've been wanting to get my hands on the DW 5520-2 for a long time. The design is just perfect for me, since I'm usually only playing single-pedal.
I want the hi-hat at the most comfortable place, and I feel that placing the slave-pedal on the inside of the hi-hat stand, the hi-hat is just way out of my "comfort-zone". That's why I've always liked the idea of the DW 5520-2.
(I know that you can put the slave pedal on the outside with an Eliminator/Iron Cobra too, but I've never managed to set up a comfortable setup that way. It feels cheap and unreliable...!)

Anyway - there's not much information about this thing on the DW website (!), and I'm wondering - what type of double pedal am I getting, if I buy this? The Delta, turbo or what? And the hi-hat stand - what kind is it?
I'm just wondering, because I can't find information anywhere - I've read some good reviews, but none with the information I want.

Thank you guys!
And please - share your experiences with the DW 5520-2, both negative and postive!

Yours sincerely,
Zorlee...

Attachments

• 5520-2.jpg
    5520-2.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 870
I never even know it existed.

I use a 5002 and a 9000 high hat stand.

I was a double bass player in my youth and got used to the hi-hat location.
I think this would be cool if you have always been a single bass player and just wanted to add the double kick pedal for occasional use.

It does look like a large hardware setup and lugging commitment though.

Back