805: The saga comes to end

805Drummer

Gold Member
So here's what my kit looks like now. I took off the Export toms, but kept the bass drum, because I love the SuperKick II, which is too small for my 24". And did a little bit of cleaning up, rearranging, etc. So here it is.

Now I'm saving for some new cymbals, preferably a china, and another crash.

PIC_1621.png

PIC_1628.png

PIC_1623.png

PIC_1627.png

Pic0377.jpg

I thought it was interesting how they changed the logo placement on the hi-hat pedal and double pedal...
PIC_1633.png

PIC_1631.png

PIC_1629.png

There you go! Enjoy!

ok...

that looks good!

i smiled when i saw it! i was like..."he finally got it" =P

looks fun also! just need some more cymbals! which i know your working on them!

congrats!

Alex

Thanks! I love the first and third pictures...they're awesome!

i smiled when i saw it! i was like..."he finally got it" =P
Me too. You were a hard case to break, 805, but eventually you had your moment of clarity. Old school trick, a rattle can of gloss black paint applied to just the hoops of your kick will help tie in the bass drum with the toms (visually), without going to the "expense" of a total rewrap/repaint job. Outstanding job. Bravo.

Looks much better, but dude, get that blanket out of the bass drum. You got a SK II, no need for any other dampening!! Let that bass drum thump!!!!!

Looks much better, but dude, get that blanket out of the bass drum. You got a SK II, no need for any other dampening!! Let that bass drum thump!!!!!

Agreed. Good to see you made up your mind. The bass drum looks pretty good with the red on black toms and snare, better than it did with the other export stuff.
I may have an even better idea than spray-painting the hoops of your bass drum black: how about switching them around so you have the red one in front and the black one on back, I think that would look good with the toms and snare, and it wont hurt the resale value. But it's up to you of course. You might as well keep it like this.

Thanks guys! I'm not gonna do any spray painting, because I don't feel it's nessecary, but I am going to take the blanket out of the bass drum. I would have never done it myself, but I bought it used, and it came like that, and I didn't want to un-tune it...but then I learned that Aquarian heads are really easy to tune.

How did I learn it? My friend has an Argent kit (not the best....) but we just went to Guitar Center and got Studio X heads, and they sound unbelievable.

I feel almost proud of you! you took the advice you got (even though i thought people were a little harsh on you) and ran with it. Shows your maturity or i guess your understanding of drums improving.I say dont bother Getting a effects next, get a nice crash or ride.i think effects cymbals should come last in when upgrading.Thats unless of course you really like tour pst5s:)

I feel almost proud of you! you took the advice you got (even though i thought people were a little harsh on you) and ran with it. Shows your maturity or i guess your understanding of drums improving.I say dont bother Getting a effects next, get a nice crash or ride.i think effects cymbals should come last in when upgrading.Thats unless of course you really like tour pst5s:)

Thanks! I already have a ZXT splash, but I need some china in my playing, as well as another crash. And I wish they were pst 5s...but they're pst 3's. :(

Back