Iron Cobra convrt to lefty . How?

drum.mi3266

Hello everyone.
I am from Bangladesh

I m a left handed drummer. as why , i have to play pedals with lefty set up. i m going to buy a IRON COBRA right handed twin pedal so badly, 'cause no lefty pedal is available here right now. is there any way to convert the right handed IC into Left handed. if it is possible, then how? may i have need of some extra parts to make this conversion?

please help with your suggestion, opinion and advise... it will be great helpful for me.
HAPPY DRUMMING.

Thanks.

Just thinking about it makes me think you can't. You would have to take the pedals apart and reverse the axle on both pedals that the chain attaches to so you can attach them correctly. Looking at the Iron Cobras, that's why you must order a left-footed version. You may damage something taking them apart in order to reverse the axles.

What's so important that you must have a double pedal? Can you not play with your band with a single?

thnx for ur seggesion. I have almost converted the pedal. Was a bit critical. But one scrw made me stopped. Ther is a screw in tke auxilary pedal, that is really much hard attached. I have tried my best to unscrw that one but could not. Thats the final step to make conversion...... But !!
What can i do? I've to loosen the screw.....my allen keys are gone damaged for forcing...
Please help . Thanks

I am a lefty and own a lefty Iron Cobra.
The fact that Tama have a left hand model makes me think that a 'normal' right hand can't be converted.

The Iron Cobra is switchable from right to left handed.I remember seeing a how to online somewhere maybe youtube,but i'm not sure.You could also go the Tama drum forum,and I'm sure that somone there could help

Logically using the same exact parts,and then just switching them around to assemble a left or right handed pedal is a cost saving measure,and makes perfect sence.

Steve B

wow ! i have done it. It is about technique. I removed the bearing , otherside and reversed the cam. I works great....
Thank you all for your suggessions.....

Regards.

It is 100% possible. All you need is a few Allen wrenches and some patience. All of the pieces just need to be flipped to the opposite side. I just did it to mine and it's working great, just as it should.

Back