Remembering Darrell Abbot (Dimebag)

I remember when that happened. He lived in the D/FW area. Neighbors said he was the nicest guy. It's a damned shame someone with such talent is taken so young.

A sad day, and I wont forget driving to work listening to a syndicated talk show on the radio hearing about what happened the night before. The whole day I was just in shock...

He did a "respect walk" through the pearly gates. He is jammin with Randy Rhodes and Randy Castillo, rockin the afterlife.

Gone way too soon.

Cowboys from Hell, Vulgar Display of Power, Far Beyond Driven...Real hardcore music.

oficcial live album is one of the greatest shows ever RIP dimebag...

It wasn't just dimebag who died either, 4 people were shot dead by this madman before he was shot dead himself by a copper. What a pointless waste of life :'( (not the guy who did it the other 3 people and dime i mean)

Pantera kept metal alive during the "Seattle" days.

Dimebag was the man!

God Bless him and all those innocents killed that night.

R.I.P Dime. This story is way too sad, it's just really really cruel. I hope to maybe go visit Dimes grave someday if I ever get the chance, cause I always wanted to meet him. He was such a good guitarist and his knowledge of tone and sound goes unsurpassed. You could have the exact same gear as him yet not get that tone for years.

R.I.P.

T

It wasn't just dimebag who died either, 4 people were shot dead by this madman before he was shot dead himself by a copper. What a pointless waste of life :'( (not the guy who did it the other 3 people and dime i mean)

Excellent point, and well put.

Absolutely.

Yeah.
It's a damned shame. Pantera was a band that not only changed how I looked at music, but they changed my life.

Excellent point, and well put.

Absolutely.

I know it's an old cliché but i think in this case it summarises the point quite well. I just hate so much how a gun can turn a bad mood into a mass murder :( If it wasn't for this guys mum buying him a gun for kicking drugs (yeah great idea mum!) Then he'd still be sulking in his room because pantera had split up (yes that is the reason why he'd murdered dime, pathetic, eh?) and dimebag darrell would still be with us. The world would just me a much better place if these "people" if you can call them that would just shoot themselves BEFORE they went and shot everyone else they could find.

Earlier this year i was in hull playing drums with some guys in a college and they were doing a pantera-based sort of metal band and the guitar player looked EXACTLY like dime! Same hair, same clothes, same beard, same guitar, same EVERYTHING, it was unbelievable.

Darrell,

You are not forgotten, mate!.

Attachments

• Dimebag.jpg
    Dimebag.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 436
  • In_memory.jpg
    In_memory.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 915
l_f2df6828e379f79f51fae2491c0dc344.jpg

l_b2050e32574a1a600efe01204d98035d.jpg

This might bring a smile to every ones faces. Apparently this isn't a fake, as I was shown it after a friend saw it on T.V. It was a tribute to Dime apparently and it always makes me really happy. It's awesome.

I remember whatching that ages ago and i was thinking "madonna playing the guitar, she's crap but oh well at least she's trying i suppose"

I know it's an old cliché but i think in this case it summarises the point quite well. I just hate so much how a gun can turn a bad mood into a mass murder :( If it wasn't for this guys mum buying him a gun for kicking drugs (yeah great idea mum!) Then he'd still be sulking in his room because pantera had split up (yes that is the reason why he'd murdered dime, pathetic, eh?) and dimebag darrell would still be with us. The world would just me a much better place if these "people" if you can call them that would just shoot themselves BEFORE they went and shot everyone else they could find.

Earlier this year i was in hull playing drums with some guys in a college and they were doing a pantera-based sort of metal band and the guitar player looked EXACTLY like dime! Same hair, same clothes, same beard, same guitar, same EVERYTHING, it was unbelievable.

i didnt know that man how stupid of her damn...where did you get that info?

Back