Midnight Special Speed Cobra

PocketChops

As listed on Tama's website. I think it has to do with the 20th anniversary of the Cobra pedals or something. It's a limited edition speed cobra and it's all black with copper trim. I'm a sucker for anything labeled limited edition and if I was ever going to get the speed cobras now would probably be the time. I'm not sure how or when they'll be available or for how long, I think it has something to do with Black Friday.
Anyway, here's the link, check them out for yourself!
http://www.tamadrum.co.jp/usa/news/product_news/2013/SC_Black/index.html
05.jpg

Yay or Nay?

Those are sick looking pedals, wowie. Black and gold, haha

Have to admit that black and copper combo is sharp looking. Question is at how much of a premium over the price of a normal speed cobra?

I've seen a few on ebay and some online drum shops all selling for $449.99 as well. The original pedals go for $399.99 everywhere I've looked. I don't think I'd mind putting up the extra 50 bucks. After all, looks are everything, right?

Anyone know what the "special finish" actually is? The harder/more durable the better, obviously.

They look badass.

I would make sure I like playing them first obviously but I would be proud to have them on my kit.

They look cool, and'll look cool if they don't get any wear, but after a year or two of use they'll look lame, the more use/wear they get the lamer they'll look.

TAMA should've put some R&D into their feeble drive/connecting shaft, they'd been better of for it. The bling thing is just a money grab IMO.

They look cool, and'll look cool if they don't get any wear, but after a year or two of use they'll look lame, the more use/wear they get the lamer they'll look.

TAMA should've put some R&D into their feeble drive/connecting shaft, they'd been better of for it. The bling thing is just a money grab IMO.

Oh no, not again.

Happened to my iron cobra... twice.

Back