Ludwig ATLAS Mounts

I replaced my Vibra-bands and my 10" and 12" toms look and sound great.

I bought the three pack and put one on my floor tom, and I run my ride cymbal from a scissor lift.

Nice system. I'm glad to see Ludwig back in the hunt with top flight hardware>

I also have the Atlas Classic flat stands for snare, Hat, and straight cymbal stands- Love 'em!!

Came across this thread while trying to find out why I can't get my new Atlas tom mount to work with my late 60's Ludwigs. I've been 1 up and 1 down forever but recently purchased a vintage 22 bass drum with the double tom mount and now I'm in love with 2 up one down. The vintage tom mounts actually resonate pretty dang good but don't hold that well. Rims mounts also work but not a fan of the look on a vintage kit.

I for the life of my can't get the new Atlas mount to not completely choke the drums. Since the mount needs a bigger L arm the only way I have to test the Atlas mount is a separate Tama tom/cymbal stand so I'm thinking maybe the stand is too rigid. Rims mount do work with the Tama stands so I'm just curious to why some people have success with the Atlas mount and others don't. I even tried putting it on only finger tight with no luck. Is there a trick?

Attachments

• 14 16 .jpg
    14 16 .jpg
    829.1 KB · Views: 18
Came across this thread while trying to find out why I can't get my new Atlas tom mount to work with my late 60's Ludwigs. I've been 1 up and 1 down forever but recently purchased a vintage 22 bass drum with the double tom mount and now I'm in love with 2 up one down. The vintage tom mounts actually resonate pretty dang good but don't hold that well. Rims mounts also work but not a fan of the look on a vintage kit.

I for the life of my can't get the new Atlas mount to not completely choke the drums. Since the mount needs a bigger L arm the only way I have to test the Atlas mount is a separate Tama tom/cymbal stand so I'm thinking maybe the stand is too rigid. Rims mount do work with the Tama stands so I'm just curious to why some people have success with the Atlas mount and others don't. I even tried putting it on only finger tight with no luck. Is there a trick?
The Atlas mounts work well on some drums, and not so much on others (I should know, I designed them). The problem is that the spring rate of the elastomers is fixed. Shameless plug here: I highly recommend trying the INDe BR2 brackets. They will replace the Ludwig brackets on your shells, and are adjustable, so you can tune the spring rate on the mount to the sweet spot of the drum. https://www.indedrum.com/drum-upgrades-accessories/inde-suspension-mounting-bracket

The Atlas mounts work well on some drums, and not so much on others (I should know, I designed them). The problem is that the spring rate of the elastomers is fixed. Shameless plug here: I highly recommend trying the INDe BR2 brackets. They will replace the Ludwig brackets on your shells, and are adjustable, so you can tune the spring rate on the mount to the sweet spot of the drum. https://www.indedrum.com/drum-upgrades-accessories/inde-suspension-mounting-bracket

I've switched all of my tom mounts to the BR2's because I think they're great. I've experimented a bit with the tunability but the ability for them to accept anything from a 9.5 to a 12.7mm L-arm and will fit on any hole spacing is what sold me. I can't recommend them highly enough!

Haha I just ordered 4 INDe BR2's and a set of bass drum spurs two days ago. They should be here day after tomorrow! I'll report back in a few :)

Back