Show Off Your DW Kit

JimboJim, Dig the Anton Figg-yness of you snare drum.
Congrats on the kit.
Thanks much... I actually JUST traded in that snare on a deal towards the new DW Peart Time Machine snare they had at my local Guitar Center. It was good ol Keller shell10&6 and the wood hoops really brought out its best, but the new one is on a whole different level.

Hey guys, relatively new to the community. After a 5 year hiatus, back into drums and writing with a band. Picked this up last week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMAZING KIT - so very impressed.

VLT ESE maple shells
Cherry to Natural satin oil fade

10"x 6" Rack Tom
12"x 6" Rack Tom
14"x 14" Floor Tom
16"x 16" Floor Tom

24"x 16" Bass Drum
24" x 8" Bass Drum Woofer

14 x 5.5 Snare 'super solid' Black to Natural satin oil fade
9000 series pedals and hardware

Paiste
14" Signature Crystal Hats
16" Signature Full Crash
17" Signature Full Crash
18" Signature Full Crash
18" Giant Beats Multi
20" Giant Beats Multi
18" Signature Reflector Thin China
10" Signature splash
12" Signature splash
22" Vision Ride (old faithful)

IMG_1170.jpg

IMG_1169.jpg

IMG_1166.jpg

Agreed I was very sceptical as to how phat they'd sound but I am truly blown away.

Deleted my old pics and replacing with these. new snare and kit setup.
Woa, specs on the snare drum?

It is a 14x6.5 Collectors VLT with the new mag throw off and butt plate and copper plated hardware. The finish is clear lacquer over some exotic wood with black painted stripes and artwork. It is the Neil Peart replica from their Time Machine tour.

I'm not the biggest Rush/Peart fan, but I love the Steampunk look and GC hooked me up with a pretty sweet deal, so I figured since I just got my dream kit, might as well get my dream snare to match,

I only have two snares (one metal, one wood), so it's not going to be sitting on the shelf.

Well if you are not a Neil Peart fan than you need to send that snare to me right away. You do not deserve it. :)

First post ever for a first new kit ever.

Shells: Gold Glass FinishPly with Black Nickel hardware
7x12 rack VLT
12x14 floor X-shell
14x16 floor VLT
20x22 bass VLX

Snare:
5.5x14 Yamaha Manu Katche Signature

Cymbals:
8" Paiste Signature Splash
10" Paiste Sound Formula Splash (Thank you Rob Perkins =D)
13" Paiste Signature Dark Energy Hi-Hats
14" Paiste Twenty Thin China
15" Paiste Signature Fast Crash
17" Paiste Signature Dark Energy Crash
18" Paiste T20 Prototype China
19" Paiste Signature Dark Energy Crash
22" Paiste Signature Dark Energy Mark I Ride

Hardware:
9000s

Extras:
12" Overseas Djembe
LP Mini Timbales
AKG D112 on Kelly Shu mount with Mays internal connector
Yamaha Subkick
Custom decal

Attachments

• DSCN0561.JPG
    DSCN0561.JPG
    221 KB · Views: 3,614
  • DSCN0562.JPG
    DSCN0562.JPG
    218.3 KB · Views: 3,657
  • aaaaaaaa.jpg
    aaaaaaaa.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 3,618
haha thanks. its disgusting how sick the bass sounds. my favorite part of the set by far. and yes, black nickel does rule.

haha thanks. its disgusting how sick the bass sounds. my favorite part of the set by far. and yes, black nickel does rule.

I have a 20x16 vlx bass, and love it. Prefer it without a ported reso though. Loses body and becomes to fast, allot of attack not enough boominess. Thinking about getting one of those little sub kicks. Do you recommend?

I have a 20x16 vlx bass, and love it. Prefer it without a ported reso though. Loses body and becomes to fast, allot of attack not enough boominess. Thinking about getting one of those little sub kicks. Do you recommend?

i put a kickport in the port. it doesn't do anything for the actual attack but it drops the resonance frequency noticeably when playing unplugged. sounds better IMO at least. but i have another head that's uncut for a backup.

i would only recommend the subkick if you're going to pair it with another mic. since it only picks up really low freqs it doesn't capture the initial punch. by itself, it'll just sound like a low muffled thud. here's a really good comparison with a mic and without a mic. listen to it with headphones or good speakers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z7Unemi8MU

...This kit was used for an Alex Acuna clinic at Long&McQuade in Edmonton.

They had been sitting for a while, so the store was willing to deal on them. I had been making a half hearted attempt at selling my 24,16, 13, 14 Collectors kit, but was not having much luck.

After a couple of months of back and forth between the devil on my left and the Angel on my right, they finaly came to an agreement, as did the store and myself.

The drums are 18, 14, 12. I did not bother with the snare as I already have a couple of spares.

From my initial setup and noodling, these drums are going to take some getting used to. My Classics are so big, warm and boomy, while these Jazz drums are a little on the poonky side. I knew that about them, and wanted them for that contrast. I just have to find the head and tuning combo that makes me smile every time I hit them.

Barry

Here's my brand new dubs that should be arriving within the next 3 weeks.

DW Collector's Series Twisted Blue Oyster

18x22 virgin kick - Built-in Bottom
14x16ft - X-shell
12x14ft - VLT-shell
9x12rt
8x10rt
6x14 snare

Attachments

• DW Blue Onyx.jpg
    DW Blue Onyx.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 4,518
Last edited: