Pork Pie Cherry Pie 7x14 Cherry/Bubinga with wood hoops

Dirtysticks

I found this snare at Guitar Center at a ridiculously low clearance price so I pulled the trigger on it. I am more of a metal snare guy but some wood shells just have the right mojo to my ears and this is one of them. The cherry/buinga combination is superb. I get such a nice phat sound out of it, but also I get a nice pop too. I added the 24 ply wood hoops and put an Evans Power Center head on it and it sounds sooooo good. It really reminds me of a meatier and less dry version of my old Yamaha Elvin Jones 7x14 Signature snare. It has the perfect balance of woody tone, body, crack, meat and ring

I noticed that you don't have the kit miced up. I'm curious as to what the other band members and people in the audience had to say. I have the same drum (but with the stock hoops and the Ambassador head). I don't have the snare collection you have but at my band's last rehearsal I asked the other guys what snare I should bring to our next gig. They all said I should bring the Pork Pie. It will be an outdoor unmiced affair.

stop buying snare drums

stop buying snare drums

I promise I'm trying to stop! lol I'm gonna have to enroll into a 12 step program! hahaha

I noticed that you don't have the kit miced up. I'm curious as to what the other band members and people in the audience had to say. I have the same drum (but with the stock hoops and the Ambassador head). I don't have the snare collection you have but at my band's last rehearsal I asked the other guys what snare I should bring to our next gig. They all said I should bring the Pork Pie. It will be an outdoor unmiced affair.

It should do well in an unmic'd situation outdoors. This snare has great projection. I had no problem cutting through the mix and being heard all the way in the back and I got some nice comments about how well the snare sounded.

I posted question yesterday, my connection must have dropped and it did not take.
Where is the Bubinga on this, obvious is the Cherry outer ply, is the inner ply Bubinga or a hidden middle ply?

This snare has 4 outer plies of Cherry and 3 inner plies of Bubinga.

Back