DW Pedals

Joey182

Silver Member
So I currently own a DW5000 Single pedal. I was thinking about trying out some double bass drum stuff for some more complex grooves instead of me heel-toeing the hell out of myself.
So I was thinking about getting a DW5000 double pedal, or a 7000, 8000, Really I just want to know which one won't break the bank, but will stand out most among the vast amount of pedals out there.
When responding please be sure to point out the specs and advantages on this pedal V.S. all the others.Thanks a bunch. If your selling any DW double pedals, please let me know in a PM.

I personally went with the 8002B black diamond pedals.

I picked them because they were longboards, had all the adjustment that i personally need and when i tried them out they seemed to work the best for me personally.

They are quite heavy, but so are all the other DW pedals.

I personally went with the 8002B black diamond pedals.

I picked them because they were longboards, had all the adjustment that i personally need and when i tried them out they seemed to work the best for me personally.

They are quite heavy, but so are all the other DW pedals.

Of course their heavy. DW's are built like tanks!
I like the longboards. Lot easier for heel-toe. I do that method in almost all my songs, so longboards are quite necessary.
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for these?

I think they cost $585 Canadian. Compared to the other pro type options there, they werent the most expensive by far.

I'd go with Iron Cobra double pedals.

I recently abandoned ship on double bass and went back to single to challenge my creativity. I tried out the Iron Cobras in double to see if I'd like them (because a double pedal was all they had hooked up to a kit.) The feel was suprisingly awsome and the pedal was easier to work on than a pearl demon drive (which my foot CAN NOT hang on to for some reason).

So I reccomend paying 400 for Speed Cobras instead of several more hundred for DWs. I used to mark out big time for DW hardware. But the speed cobras are really the perfect pedal for me.

Try them both out rigorously if you have the chance to make sure. Everyone is different. But I wouldn't trade my single pedal Iron cobra for a double DW 9000. Call me crazy if you must.

If you're already used to the feel of the DW, I would just save up and get the DW doubles. 5000, 8000, it doesn't matter. Just don't go below that. Any good double pedal from any manufacturer will cost you almost $400, so you might as well go with what your primary foot already likes.

Although if you ask me, I'd get a second bass drum and another DW5000 primary pedal ;)

If you're already used to the feel of the DW, I would just save up and get the DW doubles. 5000, 8000, it doesn't matter. Just don't go below that. Any good double pedal from any manufacturer will cost you almost $400, so you might as well go with what your primary foot already likes.

Although if you ask me, I'd get a second bass drum and another DW5000 primary pedal ;)

I'm used to DW's feel, and I don't intend to go lower than 5000. I have someone selling me a
DW5000 double for 200$. Still has hard case, hardcore beaters, and new hinges. Hows that deal?

I'm not sure about doing the whole actual double bass thing Bo. I've done it once before, but it was too much tuning and tweaking all the time. No thanks!

i tried those at a shop... felt bad man... so slow and clungy

Lol lots of peopel say that, i fly on those things, i also have tree trunk legs, so the weight doesnt bother me at all, i cant play my iron cobras at all, theyre sitting there collecting dust, but my DWs i hopped on them and i just get faster and faster, and the bonus is that wit hthe heavy beater, theyre loud as hell lol

I know this question doesn't really help you but how do you find do heel-toe on a DW pedal? I'm currently playing a Pearl Eliminator, but it's becoming pretty damn noisy and I was thinking of going for a 5000/9000.

And by heel-toe, are you literally hitting with your heel-then your toe (you'd have to have small feet) or the correct way of basically hitting with the sole of your foot, then the toe?

I ask because I tried out a 9000 once and couldn't do heel-toe for my life, then I found one at GC one day with the footboard raised and it felt awesome. Makes me think what else I could do with all the little tweaks in the 9000. ;)

Back