Gibraltar GCP cajon pedal

kuren84

Hi all I just wanted to share. I received my new cajon pedal today and although I have only played with it of a short while I think it's going to be perfect. What a great product.

Hi all I just wanted to share. I received my new cajon pedal today and although I have only played with it of a short while I think it's going to be perfect. What a great product.

Congrats......I've been thinking about doing the same thing

I have it set up with a hi hat, snare, 10" tom, HHX crash and a splash. Perfect for the acoustic sets that we do. I will post some pics as tomorrow.
Kevin

Hi all here are two pictures of my current setup with my new pedal. Any thoughts or suggestions welcome.

Kevin

Attachments

• cajon setup.jpg
    cajon setup.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 2,635
  • 20130404_082435lll.jpg
    20130404_082435lll.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 4,166
No suggestions, but I must say that is a wonderful looking set up. I never actually knew that you could play a cajon with a pedal; you learn something new every day!
Very nice :)

Hi all here are two pictures of my current setup with my new pedal. Any thoughts or suggestions welcome.

Kevin

Wow! Very sharp setup. I assume the snare, toms and cymbals come from a larger set, and you just change it up for smaller venues? How do you use this - busking, coffeehouses, easy transport for practice?

I don't play cajons because they're too trendy, but I have to admit you've done a great job rethinking the cajon as a bass drum. Can you also play it with your hands when called for, or does the beater get in the way?

Hi, yes the cymbals, tom and snare come from my Mapex Maple Meridan kit. Transport is really simple and i will be using it for small venues, coffee house gigs and busking. I can also mic the cajon as i normally would so can have it louder if needed. It's still possible to play the cajon with your hands and as the cajon has adjustable snare wires inside i can play it like that.
Thanks for your comments
Kevin

Back