Anyone have any experience with the Remo Powerstroke 4?

zafrothunder

Does anyone have any experience with the PS4?

I have been planning on putting a clear one on an 18x22 birch bass drum to give it extra power, with clear ambassadors on all the resonants and clear pinstripes on the toms.

Has anyone played or heard one before? My music is grunge/alternative/hardcore punk

I have been planning on putting a clear one on an 18x22 birch bass drum to give it extra power, with clear ambassadors on all the resonants and clear pinstripes on the toms.

Has anyone played or heard one before? My music is grunge/alternative/hardcore punk

I don't recommend it. I have one and don't like it, it's too thick and muted. The PS3 on the other hand is an excellent head and is louder than the PS4. If you play hard, I would recommend a PS3 with the falam patch.

Wayne

I don't recommend it. I have one and don't like it, it's too thick and muted. The PS3 on the other hand is an excellent head and is louder than the PS4. If you play hard, I would recommend a PS3 with the falam patch.

Wayne

alright, thanks! I didn't know what to do, but I'll go clear Ps3 w/ patch with Ambassador on the resonant.

Definitely go with the PS3 for your bass drum, I would probably even go the route of double siding (reso and batter) your drum with both as far as bass drum. On toms I use pure single ply ambassadors, I am through with all of this muting garbage, just let the drums ring. I have a PS4 on my 18" floor tom an it gives it a nice low sound, but it lacks in volume, keep that in mind. Also learn to tune to perfection and ambassadors will work more than wonders, you will get quality and volume, a 2 in 1 deal.

I haven't found a combo with as much low-end thunder as clear PS3 on the batter and a Smooth White PS3 on the reso. A 4" hole on the reso took the insane boom out and added some punch...perfecto!

I have the Evans equivalent, the EQ3 on my M Birch kick drum right now. It does add more bottom but overall I would recommend the PS3 or equivalent over the PS4. I am going back to a single ply head on mine. They still have plenty of lows but the mid punch and high end attack make all of the difference.

I have the Evans equivalent, the EQ3 on my M Birch kick drum right now. It does add more bottom but overall I would recommend the PS3 or equivalent over the PS4. I am going back to a single ply head on mine. They still have plenty of lows but the mid punch and high end attack make all of the difference.

Hopefully it will mesh well with my pinstripes

I have never used the PS4, BUT Zambizzi is right...My Orion bass drum sounds CRAZY with the PS3 on it...I have the exact heads, clear on batter, coated on resonant, but no hole. It sounds HUGE for a 22x18, it even rattles one of the windows in my living room even when I lightly tap it...Love the PowerStroke 3's...

With a steady hand, its easy enough to cut the ring out with a razor knife if you find it too muted.

If you don't need brushability, don't mind a smooth snare head, try a PS 4 batter for muted darkness on the snare.

With a steady hand, its easy enough to cut the ring out with a razor knife if you find it too muted.

If you don't need brushability, don't mind a smooth snare head, try a PS 4 batter for muted darkness on the snare.

I was thinking of going with a coated Emperor X on the snare batter and clear ambassador on the side

I love the coated PS4 on bigger bass drums where you can tune them up higher. Very round and warm sound. But, if you're looking for a clickier sound with more attack, this is probably not your head. What head do you have on there right now? The PS3 won't make your bass drum louder if you're already running a single ply head. If you've got alot of laundry/pillows in there, taking those out would have a greater impact on volume.

Back