Let's see your Gretsch kits (saved the best for last!)

They're so cheap for what they are. If you're on a starter kit, ditch it and buy one of these kits now. I just took a look at the Gretsch website and it appears they only do this model with the 16x16 floor tom, not with the 18x16 one. Sad really, that 18" floor tom really shouts. It's almost like a concert tom.

They're so cheap for what they are. If you're on a starter kit, ditch it and buy one of these kits now. I just took a look at the Gretsch website and it appears they only do this model with the 16x16 floor tom, not with the 18x16 one. Sad really, that 18" floor tom really shouts. It's almost like a concert tom.

Looks like I got mine at the right time :)

Just because their website says that doesn't mean nowhere sells them. It said that our kit was a limited edition, I called up my "local" (as in 30 miles away local) drum shop and they said "no, it's not limited edition, we've got 8 sat in the stock room right now".

It's still a brilliant intermediate kit though.

2004 Gretsch USA Custom Drum Kit in Champagne Sparkle

She's actually for sale.

Attachments

• Gretsch-1.jpg
    Gretsch-1.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 6,301
  • Gretsch -2.jpg
    Gretsch -2.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 4,640
  • Gretsch - 3.jpg
    Gretsch - 3.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 5,976
Gretsch Renown in Blue Burst.

I finally picked up a 10" tom to go with the rest of my kit, and thought I would post a few pictures. The flash makes the blue a little brighter than it is in real life.

Specs:
Toms: 10, 12, 14, 16
Matching snare: 14x6.5
Bass: 22x20

Attachments

• Gretsch Renown (made in 2007) - Blue Burst finish 003 (Medium).jpg
    Gretsch Renown (made in 2007) - Blue Burst finish 003 (Medium).jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 4,452
  • Gretsch Renown (made in 2007) - Blue Burst finish 001 (Medium).jpg
    Gretsch Renown (made in 2007) - Blue Burst finish 001 (Medium).jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 4,489
Last edited:
Gretsch Renown in Blue Burst.

I finally picked up a 10" tom to go with the rest of my kit, and thought I would post a few pictures. The flash makes the blue a little brighter than it is in real life.

Specs:
Toms: 10, 12, 14, 16
Matching snare: 14x6.5
Bass: 22x20

Nice looking Gretschs there CLP!

index.cfm

index.cfm

This is my Catalina maple one.. Guess is a pretty standard edition, but there's still sme magic to it in my own eyes.

Great gretsch thread!!

some pics from one of my last show and one in wich you can check "a bit of" the complete kit...(gretsch USA custom Cherry red)
at home I've 2 bass drum (22 & 24) 10-12-13 susp. tom; 14, 16,18 floor tom; 2 snare 14x5 one maple and one metal

I just bought a 2010 Catalina Birch kit. Really a nice kit and great value. I like the sound. My first kit I received as a Christmas present in 1960 a gold sparkle Round Badge sits with it. You guys have some beautiful drums. Sodbusterjim.

Attachments

• Drums2.JPG
    Drums2.JPG
    159.8 KB · Views: 4,519
  • New Drum Kit2.JPG
    New Drum Kit2.JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 4,380
I just bought a 2010 Catalina Birch kit. Really a nice kit and great value. I like the sound. My first kit I received as a Christmas present in 1960 a gold sparkle Round Badge sits with it. You guys have some beautiful drums. Sodbusterjim.

Nice kits! especially the roundie!!

Thank you for posting that picture of your Catalina Birch Kit Jim because you gave me a great idea. I'm going to see if I can buy a Catalina Birch kit in white pearl and combine it with my current Catalina jazz kit in white pearl which will effectively end my search for a drum set.......for now anyway.

Thank you for posting that picture of your Catalina Birch Kit Jim because you gave me a great idea. I'm going to see if I can buy a Catalina Birch kit in white pearl and combine it with my current Catalina jazz kit in white pearl which will effectively end my search for a drum set.......for now anyway.

Music is Awesome, it sounds like a wild plan to me! I have nothing but praise for my new Cat Birch kit. Puting these kits together, well I want find out how awesome that setup would sound and look. I searched up to see your kit and obviously I thought it was stellar. Sodbusterjim.

Attachments

• New Drum Kit5.JPG
    New Drum Kit5.JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 4,390
Back