Evans G2 batter with stock DW reso's

remco

I ordered a tompack Evans G2 and I'm going to keep my current stock DW (Performance) reso heads. Does that sound like a good option or am I better off getting G1's for the reso's also? Thanks!

My Collectors toms sounded pretty meh until I put on coated G2s.

Of course, till I put on the G2s I didn't realize that the toms were sounding meh.

Does that really make such a difference? I thought the 1 ply G1 and the DW stock were pretty much the same but i'm definitely no expert. Thanks for your reply

Hi Remco-

G1's and DW stock heads are definitely not the same heads. Our heads are not crimped and feature a more accommodating collar for a wider range of tuning and greater tonal character. The films that we use are also different.

I'd recommend replacing the stock heads when you can.

Cheers!

G1's and DW stock heads are definitely not the same heads. Our heads are not crimped and feature a more accommodating collar for a wider range of tuning and greater tonal character. The films that we use are also different.
I'd recommend replacing the stock heads when you can.

Thanks you VERY much for this reply. I will most definitely change the reso's for G1's also.

I use Evans G1 clear heads on most of my kits for resonant tom heads, but there is nothing wrong at all with Remo clear Ambassador heads being used for the same purpose. The Remo Ambassador heads I use on the toms of my DW Classic drums are coated and they sound spectacular.

By the way, I'm not personally or financially vested with either company, lol.

Dennis

Last edited:
Back