John Favicchia here

Re: John Favicchia East Coast Clinic Tour

I actually enjoyed the first set as well. I like that soft dinner jazz. There was one point where you guys just got into such a great groove and you guys did some covers that were familiar and fun. Second set was great. Nice and hot. I could see how it would be a rough room but it's a cozy place and refreshing that the owner has the ingenuity to do events like this. He's a big Dharma All-Stars fan , huh? The food smelt really great, and though I only sat at the bar. I left with a big appetite. I did not want to eat that late though. Next time I'll try the baked ziti.

I actually enjoyed the first set as well. I like that soft dinner jazz. There was one point where you guys just got into such a great groove and you guys did some covers that were familiar and fun. Second set was great. Nice and hot. I could see how it would be a rough room but it's a cozy place and refreshing that the owner has the ingenuity to do events like this. He's a big Dharma All-Stars fan , huh? The food smelt really great, and though I only sat at the bar. I left with a big appetite. I did not want to eat that late though. Next time I'll try the baked ziti.

Where was the gig?

Jeff

I checked out your site and I really liked some of your playing especially the Dharma solo.....love those blushdas and your latin flavor....

Hope to see you in the L.A. area sometime....
Keep us West Coasters posted for your next clinic trip :)

Where was the gig?

Jeff

John and the band don't get to play that much because they are all so busy. But when they get together it is a wonderful musical experience. They usually play in NYC. But I got a chance to see them nearer to my home in a dinner club in Huntington, right near the Long Island Sound. They had to be a little more subdued than usual, esp for the first set. They are all primo musicians; and I think they really worked the room well. John demonstrated that you can still play the heck out of a drum kit without being too loud.

HI Ken-

Thanks again for coming to that gig. Yes it was a fun gig but I agree with you. We really had to tone it down in there. But that is fine. The place was jammed and people were very close to the band. I know the people enjoyed the band and we had a great night playing. I think we played around a 6.5 out of 10. So hopefully you can come see us again when we can let it rip!!! LOL

Talk soon-

J Fav

I checked out your site and I really liked some of your playing especially the Dharma solo.....love those blushdas and your latin flavor....

Hope to see you in the L.A. area sometime....
Keep us West Coasters posted for your next clinic trip :)

Thanks LD!!!

I play LA at least 2 x's a year. I will keep you posted.

Thanks again and keep in touch.

J Fav

Re: Some new vids up

Check back soon for many new videos from my East Coast Drum Clinic Tour..Should have them up this week!!

Also

THIS WEEKS CLINIC---
Mar 27 2008 7:00PM DRUM CLINIC @ SAM ASH MUSIC Paramus, New Jersey

Also check out Dan Britt's Clinic the same day in the Hintington Sam Ash!!!

OMG! I used to live like 5 minutes away from the Sam Ash in Paramus! I wish I still lived there!!

Very, very good my friend... excellent control of the instrument, stroke technique on the solo... on the element groove video I could watch, very useful and clear... excellent, thank you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wanted to let you know of my next drum clinic-This Thursday- Hope to see some of you!!!

Apr 10 2008 7:00PM DRUM CLINIC @ SAM ASH MUSIC White Plains, New York

Also-I posted some new vids-HERE

Back