Physical fitness?

Honestly, I don't like formal exercise. Lifting sucks. Running sucks. Push ups and sit ups suck. I do like yoga though.

Now that that is out of the way, I am in no way out of shape or unhealthy. At almost 38, I am 6'-0" and 145lbs. How you ask? BY STAYING ACTIVE!!!

I refuse to take elevators. I skip stairs which requires more effort from the body, and usually run up the stairs (only running I do regularly). I walk or ride my bike everywhere. Since I started school, I have put over 1000 miles on my bicycle just between school and home, but I ride more than that. I do a lot of hiking, and not on trails. Deep woods, mountainous terrain, with at least 20lbs on my back at all times. If I drive to the store, I will park as far away from the store as I can. It makes parking easier, and you do more walking. I also like to go bowling and hit golf balls. Not huge athletic endeavors, but still keeping the muscles active. And lets not forget the drumming itself. When I play I usually try to push my limits in one way or another, and am typically covered in sweat when finished, unless I have an uninspiring day.

Physical fitness is a big part of my life. I run 4 days a week, averaging out to about 20 miles per week. Exercise wasn't a part of my life until last year, when I spent 9 months dropping 75 pounds.

When I met my wife, I weighed 140 pounds soaking wet. 4 years later I was 230 in my birthday suit. I had completely let myself go. Between marriage and starting a family, I just completely forgot to take care of myself. After waking up one day and not being able to fit into even my biggest clothes, I finally decided enough as enough. It was hard as hell at first, but sure enough the weight started to fall off.

This was me in February of 2012 at around 230 pounds.

feb2012230.jpg

And later in November, down 75 pounds to a healthy and happy 155.

notfat1.jpg

Still hard to believe I lost all the weight. Even harder to believe I let myself somehow get there in the first place.

Dang!! Very impressive, Foolin'!! Congratulations.

Foolintherain, just based on physical appearance, you're a totally different person. Would not even recognize that's you between the photos. Great job!

Honestly, I don't like formal exercise. Lifting sucks. Running sucks. Push ups and sit ups suck. I do like yoga though.

Now that that is out of the way, I am in no way out of shape or unhealthy. At almost 38, I am 6'-0" and 145lbs. How you ask? BY STAYING ACTIVE!!!

I refuse to take elevators. I skip stairs which requires more effort from the body, and usually run up the stairs (only running I do regularly). I walk or ride my bike everywhere. Since I started school, I have put over 1000 miles on my bicycle just between school and home, but I ride more than that. I do a lot of hiking, and not on trails. Deep woods, mountainous terrain, with at least 20lbs on my back at all times. If I drive to the store, I will park as far away from the store as I can. It makes parking easier, and you do more walking. I also like to go bowling and hit golf balls. Not huge athletic endeavors, but still keeping the muscles active. And lets not forget the drumming itself. When I play I usually try to push my limits in one way or another, and am typically covered in sweat when finished, unless I have an uninspiring day.

This is pretty much where I am too.

We don't have to be marathon runners or body builders to be in shape.

I used to race bicycles but now I'm content riding more for pleasure and recreation. I try to ride to work when I can. I also do a little strength training.

I also just simply try to build exercise into my life; using stairs when possible, parking at the far end of the parking lot, using the bike for local errands, etc.

Back