Budget cymbals

Bodie

I purchased the Meinl HCS Cymbals online without playing them. Just wondering what some opinions are on what would be a good step up from the HCS's on a budget.. The Meinl's crashes are kind of dark. The ride and hats are too bad. Maybe I could just upgrade with a crash set.

Re: Budget Cymbals

Shop used and find some pro cymbals at better prices. Trying to buy "new on a budget" won't get you cymbals that sound much better, and you've already burned a bit of money buying those budget cymbals. You'll be lucky to unload them at any price.

+1....Buying used and buying pro level is they way to go,not paying for next level,after next level.That's what some music stores and cymbal companys want you to believe.

That line of Meinl cymbals are brass alloy,and not even bronze,and are not likely to sound very good,so you'd be throwing good money after bad,buying more of the same.

Meinl are excellent cymbals,but try some Zildjians,Paiste,Sabians...what ever pro grade stuff you can find............used.

Steve B

+1 on the buying used pro cymbals idea.

i just got lucky winning this one off ebay got 60 shipped! i gonna clean her of or just polish her out a bit with a hand drill and ball

Thanks for replies.. Will start looking around for good used cymbals. I do know a guy who might take the HCS Meinl stuff off my hands for his garage studio electronic kit that everyone plays on. I see on local craigslist a guy has a Paiste PST crash and Sabian APX crash along with a Agazarian China for 70.00

Back