Congratulations to president Obama and the american people

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have already started taking Arabic and Chinese language lessons. Get real.

Think about it - why would this thread go south? Who started the angry discussion? Well, you did. Help yourself and calm down.

OK here we go, Please good sir who already admittted to not knowing the rules of the forum show me my angry post.. BTW I am very calm at the moment but thank you for your concern.

WOW, This is really surprising to hear from an admin... Even under best intentions bermuda these threads always go south so why even chance it? Just look at the post right above this one to see where it's heading already.

Pretty sure there are enough places on the internet to post your congratulations to our President at and was looking forward to a place to go to where I did not have to see it but I guess I was wrong. Just seems so hypocritical to start allowing it now?

I don't know but that reads as quite angry.

WOW, This is really surprising to hear from an admin... Even under best intentions bermuda these threads always go south so why even chance it?

I know, I've been on forums/bulletin boards for almost 20 years, and never - I repeat, NEVER - has a political thread ended well. I thought this might have a chance since it started very benign and wasn't overtly political in nature, I saw it more like "congratulations on getting through a hairy election" type message.

But no, politics are normally never tolerated or encouraged, because they don't end well. I'd love to see this thread be an exception, but lines are already being toe'd.

I went to a political forum, started talking about Buddy Rich, and they jumped all over me. So, there ya go.

Bermuda

OK here we go, Please good sir who already admittted to not knowing the rules of the forum show me my angry post.. BTW I am very calm at the moment but thank you for your concern.

There's no need to make fun of me as I'm not making fun of you.

Saw this on twitter:
"It's great Obama won but we still have Cameron. It's like enjoying your neighbour's car while you travel on a donkey that hates poor people." -- Romesh Ranganathan (@RomeshRanga)

I'm very glad this election is over. I'm really skeptical and hesitant about the next four years, but that would have been the case even if Romney had won. At any rate, the Electoral College has spoken. There's not much we can do now but do the best we can with what we've got.

We just can't leave it at "congrats" can we...

This thread will be gone soon. Sorry, swexx, I know it was started with the best intentions.

Bermuda

We just can't leave it at "congrats" can we...

This thread will be gone soon. Sorry, swexx, I know it was started with the best intentions.

Bermuda

No problem. It couldn't be avoided. Thanks for doing a great job.

I think congrats would have been OK but we were left with this as an opener.

Quote....""To the Americans out there: how do you feel? Are you satisfied with Obama? Are you glad he's getting four more years?""

That unfortunately opened all doors

POLY....I am sure if by chance we invade oh I dont know lets say Iran for instance, Obama will put such a spin on it that even the most die hard liberal berklee student will be supporting it..

Nhzo, if Obama decided to invade Iran this term no spin would make a difference to me. Don't care about the politics, given that both sides are controlled by the same multinats and tax free religious organisations.

Simple principle - we fight when you are forced to, not because we want to.

PS. Not being political - just pointing out that I am relieved at the result for Oz's sake since we're effectively a state of the US.

Just found this pic on facebook... Not telling this represents my view but the message is in line with the thread and it's related to music ;-)
So yes - congrats to the new Prez and to those who voted for him.

Attachments

• Obama.jpg
    Obama.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 222
I think congrats would have been OK but we were left with this as an opener.

Quote....""To the Americans out there: how do you feel? Are you satisfied with Obama? Are you glad he's getting four more years?""

That unfortunately opened all doors

Yeah, you're right. I do like the AC/DC pic though... :)

And on that note, I'm closing the thread.

Bermuda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back