hi-hat stand recommendations?

I just set the limit on the hi-hat stand to about $100.00. I keep some inexpensive equipment in my trunk so that I can take it to studios or places where there is already a drum kit.

At home and on gigs, I use an iron cobra lever glide. I like the lever glide because it has two legs. It is not really that unstable for a two legged stand because that have that small foot that comes out from the base. The stand has the adjustable spring tension that I need. But, the Iron cobra is about $200.00 on a good day, and sometimes much more than that. It is a sturdy, strong, and heavy hi-hat stand.

I appreciate all the posts that everyone has made to this thread, I was trying to find a hi-hat stand that would be less expensive than the iron cobra I use on my "A" kit.

Another vote for Yamaha HS-740A:

748C0B9674FC4244A2707C2A2A4F4875_12073.jpg

Legs swivel, easy spring tension adjustment, in your budget, not too heavy, very durable, works and looks good. That's what I use.

I also own two of these and love them.

Thank you all for the replies.

Because I travel so much it is hard for me to purchase something and return it if it is not easy.

If I was able to touch the used items, I would be able to see if it had any defects before I purchased it.

For years I used an old Slingerland stand, that when I took out the bottom screw, I was able to rotate the legs out of the way and mount the hi-hat on my left bass drum. It also had a very easy adjustment for the spring tension.

I know Yamaha and Gibraltar have been in business for years, I have just not seen them putting their best hi-hat foot foward. Again this could be those I saw on display with the sales representatives that had vacuum in the stock room and between their ears.

Thanks again for trying, I know you did try your best.
Guitar Center used gear is pretty easy to return if it doesn't meet your specs, you have 30 days.

I got a Pearl H-2000 hi hat for ~$120.00. Was perfectly fine. I've bought a lot of things through them, and had to return a couple. No issues.

I own an IC Lever Glide, Mapex 700 series, and DW 9000. The IC Lever Glide is the best. The 9000 I don't like. It wobbles, adjusting it is not user friendly. The only good thing about it is I bought it new at Best Buy for $99. If I spent $300 on it, I'd be incredibly pissed. The IC is better in every way, sturdier, smoother, easier to adjust, much more road worthy.

Back