Show Me Your "Monster" Kits! (let's say... 7 piece and up)

Here's mine...picture are a bit dark and too big, sorry 'bout that

drum1-1.jpg

Drum9-1.jpg

Drum8-1.jpg

I have two monster.
Each is a very special kit in its own right.
First up is the one of 25, Five Star Kits.
Mine was played by Thomas Lang and Steve Smith!
I put my Zebrawood stave on the Sonor Five Star...nice matching grain and gold hardware.
I call the whole thing Tribal Weapon, and it has 10 pieces.

I have the Sonor Signatures that was the personal kit of the road drummer for the Monkees!
Its now with the Dunnett Titanium and the Spirit of 2002 and call the whole thing Heavy Metal
It has a red wrap Phonic Plus floor tom I will put Bubinga Veneer inside and out and that will make it look better. The rest are all Signature Heavy shells...which just got larger as you will see below. Its my birthday and I got a present. A 18" floor tom. The two year wait is over!

It is now a 11 piece Signature kit, with a 18x18 ft riding on a gong drum position....LOVE IT.

I gave the 3003 SE 12 piece to my son. I kept the Starman Reso from this kit for my Signature kit.

Zebrawood Stave by SMD drums

Spirit of 2002 6.5X14

A man has to set priorities.
:D

Last edited:
Here's my Monster. Enjoy and happy drumming.

Attachments

• Drum Pics 3-09 005.jpg
    Drum Pics 3-09 005.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 4,580
  • Drum Pics 3-09 008.jpg
    Drum Pics 3-09 008.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 4,495
I have two monster.
Each is a very special kit in its own right.
First up is the one of 25, Five Star Kits.
Mine was played by Thomas Lang and Steve Smith!
I put my Zebrawood stave on the Sonor Five Star...nice matching grain and gold hardware.
A man has to set priorities.
:D

The only possible way I could choose between those two sonor kits (sig bubinga or ebony) would have to come down to which I liked the sound of better.

Both represent the best of drum making...and both have unique and amazing appearances.

The newer ebony is more vibrant, thanks to the gold and smaller lugs, but I grew up pining for those signatures back in the day and they are like a "heritage" high end kit.

Either that, or flip a coin.

This was taken about five years ago. Just for fun I put together the monster jelly
monster.JPG

Could use a little adjusting don't ya think :)

Holy Shizzle!!! That's one big kit you have! and colorful too. couldn't decide on color, eh? lol

hahaha!!! You could get sponsorship from "jelly belly" with that kit!

Cool!

Yo man, I already did the whole candy joke thing.
My originality is feeling threated.
You're treading in dangerous waters!
Sikenaw xD

Yo man, I already did the whole candy joke thing.
My originality is feeling threated.
You're treading in dangerous waters!
Sikenaw xD

Mine was more appropriate, because jelly belly makes jelly beans, the name of the kit. Skittles just have a lot of colors, but they are candies, not jelly beans.

I would really love to see a dwarf monster kit. 18 and 16 bass, 6,8, 10,12, 13, 14 and 15 toms, 12 or 13 inch snare. 10 pieces, none bigger than 18 inches. The trend now is to huge drums, even in four-piecers, and it would be cool to see a monster kit with small drums.

Back