Tama SLP G Maple Snare Tension Rod

matthewordie

Got back from a short tour and noticed one of my tension rods on the bottom of my snare was missing... Don't know how it got so loose. Normally I keep them cranked. So I'm not sure what size I need to get a new one. I'm assuming all tension rods don't have the same threads. Any ideas what I would need and a suggestion on where to get it? Thanks!

You can just take one out and measure it (the part below the 'collar' where the threads and smooth section are) for the length. Practically all (excluding DW/PDP's and possibly others) tension rods have the same thread as far as I know. Drumfactorydirect.com is a great place to get them from, if you so desire.

Here you go man. Easy fix, less shipping time. Did it ever sound out of tune?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/drums-percussion/tama-tension-bolt-for-toms-and-snares-2-pack

I had the Tama SLP Power maple. Had a really wet, tone and crack to it. Long musical ring.

Does this one sound like a typical 13x7 woody?

Thanks, nah it don't recall it sounding off when we were on the road. If it fell out, it was the last night.

The snare has almost no ring to it, I love it. One of few snares I've played without moongel or dampening.

You can just take one out and measure it (the part below the 'collar' where the threads and smooth section are) for the length. Practically all (excluding DW/PDP's and possibly others) tension rods have the same thread as far as I know. Drumfactorydirect.com is a great place to get them from, if you so desire.

This is helpful, I had no idea how to measure them. I was measuring the whole thing, would not have gotten the correct size. Thanks!

Back