U.S. Army

drthemez

Hey just wondering if anyone else here is or has been in the Army. Also where are you/ were you stationed. I'm currently stationed at Fort Bliss in El Paso, TX just seeing how many military folks we have here!

thats awesome, i have a lot of friends in Germany, and they offered it to me as a re enlistment incentive but 4yrs is enough for me, im ready to get out haha

Bobdadrumma, can share some good information about it, ask him!
A good friend of mine, is a Vietnam Veteran, an special forces officer, a man with a lot of experience on battles field.

I was in the Canadian Armed Services in the late 70's. It has been so long ago that I don't consider myself a military man; I was, however, a military teenager. Thanks for serving.

GJS

In fact I am retiring from the Army this Friday after 20 years (my anniversary is today).

UPDATE: Retirement ceremony was today, had a blast, and worth every day leading up to it.

Attachments

• 100_0734sm.png
    100_0734sm.png
    263.3 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
My father and brother served in the forces, but I never have. I'm very respectful of what the services do for us. Thank you all for serving!

A friend of mine served and then disappeared into the CIA. He travels to the middle east alot nowadays. He gave me a rare tour of the CIA one year. It was just like a big college campus. Weird.

11 yrs in the Navy, (bubblehead)..thanks for serving, if you ever get the chance try to get stationed in Hawaii or Italy...

Not Army but Retired Air Force (20 years).

I was a US Army paratrooper for two years. Jumping out of perfectly good airplanes is not a natural act.

Six years in the Navy was enough for me. I liked it okay, but there was practically no opportunity to play drums. I knew that before going in, but I needed to get out on my own more than I needed to stay in a bad situation that I could play drums in.

It was the only significant break I've had from drumming in the 30 years since I started but I don't regret it.

Six years of service with the U.S. Navy Band. I'd recommend it to any young man who plays an instrument.

Six years of service with the U.S. Navy Band. I'd recommend it to any young man who plays an instrument.

Yeah, the Brisbane Army Band held a workshop for people to come in and play with the band, really good musos. And it's good for classroom music teachers as well as it gives them an opportunity to play with other professionals often while still keeping a day job (my music teachers wife who also teaches used to do this).

Been serving in the U.S. Army for the last 25 years. Currently an Infantry officer stationed at the Pentagon with multiple tours in Afghanistan and Iraq. Below is a picture of me marching at the Tomb of the Unknowns in Arlington National Cemetery.

Attachments

• Tomb Raider.jpg
    Tomb Raider.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 219
I am impressed with this duty. Those guys, you, do a great job and a great honor.

I never served, but as I get older, wish I had. My dad served in the Navy in WWII, stationed in the Pacific theater.

And now my soon-to-be step son has just graduated from Marine Corps combat training where he took top honors. He graduated from Basic with top honors as well. He's now off to A school where he'll train to be a combat radio operator. Most likely he'll get sent to Afghanistan, much to the worry of his mother. To her credit, she's taking it in stride and is both very proud of him and honored he is serving for the right reasons.

8 years in the Air Force.
I'm now back in the AF...as a civilian. Most of the same benefits and none of the deployments. It's a pretty sweet gig.

Back