The Blizzard of 2010

JohnnyG

Honorary Lifetime CEO
Staff member
My thoughts go out to all of you, my son included, from the Maryland area that are digging out from under the, up to 40 inches of, snow dumped on you Friday night. Dig slowly that stuff is heavy, and I hope you have power. Put on the hot chocolate and sit back for a few days.

My son is in New Market, by Frederick, and works in Bethesda. Quite the storm.

"What are you gonna do when winter comes!"
Thats an old New England saying. Just trying to cheer you up!
Have fun making snow men.

Yeah, it's weird that they are getting it all this year.. usually it's up here in Northern New England. .But I am not complaining at all : )

Every time I get the urge to move back to Maryland to be closer to my son and family, this happens. No shoveling in Florida.

Every time I get the urge to move back to Maryland to be closer to my son and family, this happens. No shoveling in Florida.
No, No snow to shovel, Just Hurricanes to worry about!
I'll take snow any day!

Aydee, this is probably a dumb question are they photos taken locally or photos sent to you by people caught in it all. Beautiful but a lot of trouble!

We had rain on Saturday. It poured constantly the whole time. Driving to Dad's place wasn't easy because there was so much water on the roads but at least it was possible ... commiserations to those stuck in the white out.

Aydee, this is probably a dumb question are they photos taken locally or photos sent to you by people caught in it all. Beautiful but a lot of trouble!

We had rain on Saturday. It poured constantly the whole time. Driving to Dad's place wasn't easy because there was so much water on the roads but at least it was possible ... commiserations to those stuck in the white out.

Taken by da wife, who's visiting parents in Bethesda, Maryland, and is currently trapped in 31/2 feet of the stuff. The snowplow made one pass yesterday and that was the only thing that moved on the street.

Funny weather.. all over.

So where is it raining?

Seems everyone has something except MI. Send some of that snow up our way. I hate winter without snow and we aren't getting any.

Pavlos, I'm in Sydney. Over 75mm of rain fell in 24 hours (over 200mm in some northern suburbs) and the State Emergency Service has been stretched, with over 1400 calls statewide so far since the storms began on Friday.

Yep Aydee, plenty of extreme weather, as scientists have been predicting for years. Earlier this year we had a freak dust storm where millions of tons of red dust was swept from the desert into Sydney. Everything was dirty orange until it started clearing in the late morning. It was bizarre; I've never seen anything like it.

2009_Sydney_dust_storm_300.jpg

Hope your wife is free now! On the plus side, her photos are amazing :)

Ok so apparently 28" isnt enough.... because the 24" we got in Dec. wasnt enough...Tuesday night might bring another foot...

I often wonder how the folks North of my region laugh at us when 2 feet of snow signals the end of the world. Talk about bad drivers, around here- people crash before it even hits the ground! They see a flake and forget everything they ever learned- in their entire life.

Its nice to see some snow but I ve shoveled more than enough to fill a large pool..

Waitin for Spring.......

I live on the western shore of the chesapeake. We got 31 inches of snow down here and 23 in december. Schools are probably going to be closed for the rest of the week, considering it's supposed to snow Tuesday night through Wednesday night (yay).

Anybody punched Al gore in the face yet for being a liar? lol

All it has to do here is rain and people act like it's the end of the world.

And they say there is another storm approaching us on Wednesday. Fun, fun, fun.

I recon its easy to see the way things are going, big floods then freezing, were all in for a rough ride, I dont think capitalism will surive this one.

Back