Testing the Roland SPD-SX

drummerlarsnijman

Hey!

I recently posted a video of me testing the SPD-SX on Youtube. It's a very good instrument to use and it's really versatile... If you're interested in this video check this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXpKkCkdEaw

I've made this video because I have a blog on Youtube.. Furthermore I'm looking for people who can give me some feedback about my blog. If you want please give me some feedback!

Lars SPD-SX.jpg

I watched this a few weeks ago. I have both the SPD 30 and SX. So I am always trolling youtube looking for new videos. this is awesome. I really like the one with you doing a solo on an acoustic with the 30 as a sidekick. You're a killer drummer.

the one thing Im trying to figure out is what is Ableton doing? is it a back track for the most part? Or are you controlling different loops with the sx thru midi. Im totally in the dark on midi. I use FL Studio 9, but I don't connect it to either of my units. I create a track(s) and load them on the SX. and play along with them that way.

What is the benefit of running ableton thru the sx or 30, instead of just loading the wavs on the SX?

I look forward to more of your videos.

I watched this a few weeks ago. I have both the SPD 30 and SX. So I am always trolling youtube looking for new videos. this is awesome. I really like the one with you doing a solo on an acoustic with the 30 as a sidekick. You're a killer drummer.

the one thing Im trying to figure out is what is Ableton doing? is it a back track for the most part? Or are you controlling different loops with the sx thru midi. Im totally in the dark on midi. I use FL Studio 9, but I don't connect it to either of my units. I create a track(s) and load them on the SX. and play along with them that way.

What is the benefit of running ableton thru the sx or 30, instead of just loading the wavs on the SX?

I look forward to more of your videos.

Hey man, thanks for all your compliments! I really appreciate it! To answer your question: during the video my laptop (with Ableton) is recording my playing. However I created the loops and sounds via Ableton and loaded all these samples into the SPD-SX (just as you do). So Ableton does nothing while I'm playing on the SPD-SX and the SPD-30 (except recording my playing). I hope that this answers your question! if you have any more questions, feel free to ask :)

Back