zildjians Super 5A Nylon Anti-Vibe sticks?

Void

Want to try these Zildjian Super 5A Nylon tip Anti-Vibe sticks?, but I'm not sure if i should get them or not. (Kinda a newbie, help much appreciated :) )
Any advice?

Last edited:
Personally, I would stay away from any Zildjian sticks, as they do not have a good reputation for durability. I had a pair of 5A Anti-Vibe sticks I had to practice on my electric kit with. Well the little rubber thing inside the stick kept falling out of one (it's really only held in there with glue) and finally the other broke (on rubber pads). It sort of just separated along the grain, which I attribute to the fact that it couldn't withstand it's own shock absorption and that the inside of the stick is hollow. Zildjian sticks have a nice feel but just don't last very long for some reason.

Personally, I would stay away from any Zildjian sticks, as they do not have a good reputation for durability. I had a pair of 5A Anti-Vibe sticks I had to practice on my electric kit with. Well the little rubber thing inside the stick kept falling out of one (it's really only held in there with glue) and finally the other broke (on rubber pads). It sort of just separated along the grain, which I attribute to the fact that it couldn't withstand it's own shock absorption and that the inside of the stick is hollow. Zildjian sticks have a nice feel but just don't last very long for some reason.

so what would you recommend?

Well, it depends on what you are looking for really.... Vaters are some tough sticks, but I prefer the sound of Vic Firth's myself. Are you looking for balance, projection, length, width..?

I pick up and consider the Anti-Vibe sticks every few years, and every time I put them back again.

Last night I was at the music store and needed a pair of sticks. They didn't carry my normal Pro Mark Japan Oak 747s (and recently, those have started to feel too heavy for me), so I started looking at some other options- at least for one pair. I tried the Anti-Vibe sticks, and they really felt dead on the pad. Maybe that's what the anti-vibe design is supposed to do, but I felt like the rebound was just gone. I picked up a pair of their Dipsticks, and dug them right away (I'm nursing a couple of blisters since I picked up my new drum kit, and the dip coating feels a lot better than raw wood).

The Dipsticks don't seem as solid as the Japan Oak, but they also don't tear up my hands as much as the Japan Oak does.

If you're looking for something nylon tipped and light, have you considered going with the Ahead sticks? They're not totally unbreakable, but they should last long enough to make the investment worthwhile. If you're interested in durability, try out some Japan Oak sticks. I've broken two pairs over the last 7 or 8 years, and one pair was due to a random defect. I like them because I can get narrower sticks with the weight of a bigger stick.

I pick up and consider the Anti-Vibe sticks every few years, and every time I put them back again.

Last night I was at the music store and needed a pair of sticks. They didn't carry my normal Pro Mark Japan Oak 747s (and recently, those have started to feel too heavy for me), so I started looking at some other options- at least for one pair. I tried the Anti-Vibe sticks, and they really felt dead on the pad. Maybe that's what the anti-vibe design is supposed to do, but I felt like the rebound was just gone. I picked up a pair of their Dipsticks, and dug them right away (I'm nursing a couple of blisters since I picked up my new drum kit, and the dip coating feels a lot better than raw wood).

The Dipsticks don't seem as solid as the Japan Oak, but they also don't tear up my hands as much as the Japan Oak does.

If you're looking for something nylon tipped and light, have you considered going with the Ahead sticks? They're not totally unbreakable, but they should last long enough to make the investment worthwhile. If you're interested in durability, try out some Japan Oak sticks. I've broken two pairs over the last 7 or 8 years, and one pair was due to a random defect. I like them because I can get narrower sticks with the weight of a bigger stick.
thanks alot for your help!

Back