Which thing inspire you a lot ..?

anjellara

Hi everyone,

I just want to know the answer of you all.. My question is that whenever you lose your strength then which inspires you a lot ? Who is your inspiration ? What thoughts does inspire you ?

I either clean, read or troll this forum until my strength returns. Mum used to always say, "This too shall pass".

"One step at a time: is a good one too.

The phrase "Never Surrender" tattooed on my arm.

A drum DVD or a favourite drummers video on Youtube usually gets me going. I seem to have a 3-4 Youtube video limit though. After too many sweet drummer vids, I feel de-motivated haha

Believe it or not, drummers that are better than me. And other musicians of course. Also live concerts.

Believe it or not, drummers that are better than me. And other musicians of course. Also live concerts.

Watching my fav bands live... or a change of snare often does it....
Failing either of these, a new bottle of Jack!!!! :p

Watching drummers that are better than me is inspiring and gives me something to work towards.

Mind you, I have only been playing for a few months now so I would think most drummers are better than me! ;)

What inspires me? Hard to say really. I'm not too inspired today. I was going to practice but cannot be bothered. I have to play later anyway.

I think in general though from a practice standpoint it has been other people who have inspired me. Great drummers of all kinds, my teachers and friends. Lately it has been a very good friend and drummer who wants me to teach less and perform more. Seeing as he is one of the busiest drummers around it is inspiring to have him in my corner. Were it not for him I would not have played last weekend.

In general life what inspired me most was sheer desperation. Desperation to survive taught me a great deal. Had I not been so inspired it is likely I would have died. I very nearly did on a few occassions.

I was inspired to educate myself by a boyhood friend who told me I was intelligent and should read. I left school early at 7 or 8 so had to make up much ground.

I think it all comes down to people.

My question is that whenever you lose your strength then which inspires you a lot ?

No matter what it is I'm doing I try to keep in close touch with the naughty little kid in me, the kid who's fascinated with possibilities, who's intrigued by the unknowns and who just can't wait to try it all out for himself, just for the sheer fun of it and no matter what the outcome may be.

Back