Your all time favorite album

Well, as of lately I've been listening to The Downward Spiral by Nine Inch Nails obsessively. But my all time favorite is probably London Calling by The Clash.

Lately I have been listening to Palmystery by Victor Wooten. Very interesting ablum that is.

That's a fantastic album, Derico's playing is frickin awesome!

I love all Victor's stuff, he's a genius.

No way, I don't even think i could squeeze a list of 20.

in one form or another down through the years ;

Herzeleid - Rammstein...

Last edited:
Stereophonics - Just enough education to preform !

What is your all time favorite album? The one you go back to again and again. The one that, after a long layoff, you play again and it still sends the shivers up the spine it did when you first heard it?

For me it is Close to the Edge by Yes.

I bought the album when it first came out, and after about 6 months had to buy another as It was showing signs of wear as I had played it so much. I then bought it again on CD and can go years without playing it, but when I dig it out again, It gives me the same thrill.

It's not for the drumming, great though it is, its the overall musicianship and song structures that blow me away.

What about you?

Probably Lateralus by Tool. Or maybe Aenima.

Or maybe Still Life by Opeth.

Or Human by Death.
Or Focus by Cynic.
Or Rust in Peace by Megadeth.
Or Paranoid by Sabbath.

Picking one is too hard.

Hands down "Revolver" by The Beatles. Every song is a standard by now.

Taxman
Got to Get You Into My Life
Good Day Sunshine
For Noone
Here There & Everywhere (greatest melody ever composed)
And Your Bird Can Sing
Dr. Robert
...and let's end it all with Tomorrow Never Knows

Non-Beatles album gotta be "What's Going On", Marvin Gaye. Talk about a rhythm section..

Close to the Edge is up there for me. I don't have a favorite, but I think in terms of an album being "PERFECT" top to bottom, every note great with no filler -- it's a tie between "Leftoverture" by Kansas (the only album by them that I like BTW) and "Stand Up" from Jethro Tull. And pretty much anything by The Beatles. : )

Close to the Edge is up there for me. I don't have a favorite, but I think in terms of an album being "PERFECT" top to bottom, every note great with no filler -- it's a tie between "Leftoverture" by Kansas (the only album by them that I like BTW) and "Stand Up" from Jethro Tull. And pretty much anything by The Beatles. : )

Leftoverture! Yes another Kansas fan here. Have seen them over 10+ times live and Phil Ehart's drumming is better today than it was decades ago. A classic LP. Steve Walsh's vocals here are the best I've ever heard on any LP ever. Check out some of early Kansas' videos from Don Kirshner's Rock Concert on youtube. His voice was a thing of beauty.. He still tries today but he's's nowhere near his peak. Still great though :)

Layla And Other Assorted Love Songs - Derek And The Dominos

Otis Redding - "The Great Otis Redding Sings Soul Ballads" 1965

sometimes I flip that vinyl over 15 times before I turn it off

Duck Dunn
Cropper
Al Jackson on drums
Isaac Hayes on piano......so they say

whhoooooooey!!!!

what a band

Back