Stanton Moore here

Hello Stanton! Awesome to see you will be dropping some knowledge on us here, 'tis a privilege indeed to have a funkmeister in the building.

Nice to have to you here, Stanton. I love your tasteful, catchy, and fitting grooves in everything I've heard with you playing. In fact I've always associated "fun-funk" with your style of playing. And that bass-drum sound on the Sprung Monkey video on drummerworld is super-pimpin'.

Warm Welcome Stanton

Since I've seen your Montreal Jazz festival prestation on TV with Galactics, you've been a very inspirational drummer. I visited your webpage, I expanded my knowledge in New Orleans drumming through you. I frequently visited your bio on drummerworld page and downloaded the small vid of your lessons, get much info about you and work.

I'd like to say also that I very much like your attitude behind and "around" the kit, very enthusiasmic playing which bring lot of freshness and color.

Continue your wonderful work, I apppreciated every minutes on it :)

Welcome! Very very nice to have you on board.
You are definitly a great inspiration for me...and a cool person in general! =)

I wish you all the best, hope you have fun!

PS: lol, I guess that "kacperivo" (big fan of you and member here) won`t believe it if he hadn`t already discovered you here.

again, great that you are here!! :)

Karl

Wow! so it really is you! Hi Stanton and welcome to Drummerworld.

hey man, at last you're here :). it seemed kinda awkward that the biggest drumming forum lacks in Stanton. now that's cool, bring even more groove to this very special community of drum beaters!

great to have ya here.

p.s. thanks for the tip Karl ;)

Stanton Moore?wow!Ive been looking inot New Orleans stuff lately....ive really liked what ive seen,heard and played!

your an inspirational player man, and i hope to hear some more of your stuff soon!

sean

Welcome aboard Stanton!! I really love your drumming and "III" is a great album my friend. You can hear the pain in that record.....very deep. Your drumming has really influenced me and your "Modern Approach" DVD is great! Thanks for the inspiration!!

I heard the song Tchfunkta on DrummerWorld and was instantly hooked. I ordered All Kooked Out and it's absolutely blew me away. Your style and feel are incredible. I let my drum teacher borrow the cd and it impressed him too. Now when I do rudimental solos and stuff he tells to make it groove like Stanton, lol.

Stanton,

Thanks for taking the time to visit and write on the forum. I really like your master classes! The LLRLRLRR pattern and the applications of it were awesome. I just need to work on the feel of it more.
I totally agree with you regarding your comment on Herlin Riley's performance on Wynton's "Majesty of the Blues" record. I fell in love with the record and Herlin's drumming, each cut it so musical and grooves hard. I wish I knew what happened to that dang CD!! It was one of my fun play along records. The slow ballad was challenging though.
What other albums or songs would you consider a great resprestaion of New Orleans style?
Also, which ones would you consider a great inspiration to you for drumming as a whole, if different than the previous question?

Wow, it really is Stanton. Welcome aboard!

Sorry for the skepticism, but we once had Buddy Rich AND Travis Barker on here at one time...needless to say, they were both fakes.

Stanton Moore. Welcome! I was just cruising DW after a lapse online and ran across this thread - had to put Hamp's Hump on the office stereo. Funkalicious.

Hope you'll come back to the Vail Valley sometime soon. I was bummed to miss your last appearance.

Really enjoyed the Vegoose show this year. You looked like you were having one heck of a good time up there.

hi Stanton
i am really glad that you joined this forum, i have always, or at least since i discovered you, considered one of my favourite drummers. I went to vicfirth.com and watched one of your drum solo which just sended shivers down my spine! Such tastefull and BLOOODY groovy!
peace!

Hello all. thanks for all your initial kind words. In response to some of your initial questions...

Aqualung, I've know Pepper Keenan for a long time. we both grew up in New Orleans and were active in the rock scene. he had recently move back to New Orleans and we started hanging alot and he started coming to alot of my gigs. COC was having trouble finding a drummer they thought would do what they were trying to do justice. Pepper mentioned it to me months before, but kept working with other drummers. Pepper and i actually started recording a side project with Skerik together called Kurbfeeler. so, knowing i had grown up playing rock and working with me and seeing me play all the time, he finally got frustrated with the other people they were working with and approached me saying "i know you could kill this stuff". We still hang all the time and are working on Kurbfeeler still...He actually ownes a bar that i play and hang at often called Le Bon Temps Roullez (the good times roll)

skippy, i would recomend going to Jaques-imo's for dinner and going next door to the maple leaf for the music. try bayona, gautraud's, clancy's, dante's and brigtsen's for dinner as well.
go to frenchmen street, tipitina's, donna's, the maple leaf, preservation hall, snug harbor, DBA to start for music, stay away from bourbon street (unless you love drunks and hate culture)
stay at the montleone hotel. i stayed there just for kicks the other day and it was awesome and not too pricey.
i would recommend to anyone that is thinking about going to NOLA to GO! we need people to come down and spend money. you can help rebuild the city just by coming down to experience the music, food, culture and hotels

bobhead, i have a nice NOLA discography in the back of my book "Take it to the Street"
but i would recommend, the wild magnolia's "they call us wild" any dirty dozen, or rebirth, professor longhair "crawfish fiesta" (with Johnny Vidacovich on drums) and of course all of the meters stuff. that should be a good place to start.

Also...everyone, make sure to visit James Black's page here on DW. Bernhard is about to post some new tunes that i just sent him. they are killin" more on James later....

Sup Stanton,
Checked out your drum clinic at Atlanta Pro Percussion a few months ago, it was truely amazing/blown' away. You're one groovey mo'fo and glad to have another pro on the forum.

Edit: Expect a lot of questions from me lol

Hi Stanton, welcome to DW. You've been a massive influence on my playing; I hate to think about how many hours I spent watching the modern approach DVD when I should have been studying last year. I also learnt about Bosphorus cymbals, and what a great discovery that was. The only bronze on my kit is from Bos now.
It's good to have you here, I hope you ejnoy it.

Campbell

Back