What drum rug do you prefer???????

ross--

I've had a kaces crash pad drum rug for a while and it's had it's day. It bunches up real easy now and has a few minor tears. Can anyone recommend another rug to buy that won't move so easy and keep my bass drum from moving? and why you like it??

i got a dark blue one at khols for like 15 bucks. its nice a big, and doesnt budge at all.

I just bought an area carpet from Walmart. No rubber just a thin tough carpet. And it's a lot bigger than that crash pad.

I had new carpeting put down in my do-it-all- room and there was a piece left over that was about 5 x 7 that works perfectly. To buy a special one from a drum or music source seems a bit of a waste to me. Even Lowes and Home Depot have remnants.

6x9 piece from walmart $19.95. Big enough so my throne and bass both fit comfortably on it so my weight holds the carpet in place.

I had new carpeting put down in my do-it-all- room and there was a piece left over that was about 5 x 7 that works perfectly. To buy a special one from a drum or music source seems a bit of a waste to me. Even Lowes and Home Depot have remnants.

Agreed. I got one of those low-profile rugs they put in restaurant and business doorways. It's 3 by 5 and was like $15 or $20. You don't need something to completely cover your set area, just something big enough to hold the things that move away the most, like snare and the hihat stand and the bass drum. Like Konaboy, one of my throne feet sits on a corner of it so it doesn't wander.

The rug is a bit nappy and holds Velcro great, so I put Velro on the hihat stand and bass drum holder. The back is completely rubber and it has a rubber border, so it doesn't move when you set it down and it doesn't bunch up easily. It rolls up well and pads my stands in transit. I think the purpose-made drum mats are a gimmick.

I've pieced together three smaller rugs and they don't move!

area rugs are good because they are big enough that when you put pressure in a certain direction there is enough mass to keep it put. plus wal-mart and home-depot have them for cheap

Update--The reason I don't like those household rugs is that they're heavy and too bulky to gig with. I ended up spending $49 bucks for this drummat and it's much better becuase it is two pieces hinged together with small strips. This keeps the mat flat unlike the kaces crash pad that keeps the original fold. And the kaces used to slip and fold up. The hinges also make it easier to roll up quick being two pieces rather than one. Wow, you would think I work for them or something huh? I highly recommend this rug.

i saw somebody (i think on this forum as a matter of fact) that used a doormat from a taco bell.
just something to think about...hahaha

any rug that keeps my drums from moving.lol.seriously,any rug usually works just make sure the rug is big enough have your bass legs spurs and your throne legs on it.your weight will keep it from moving.

Keep Swatting,
Bonzolead

I have this ugly old earth like rug my dad had. its 9x6.. i love it so much im making a drum riser to match its size. it was more then 100$ my dad got it for the living room, but he hated it.

Some drummers can kick really hard and the bassdrum won't move. I unfortunately need velcro to anchor the spurs to prevent movement. Even when my throne is on the mat.

Ive played on the Protection Racket rug and I'd definately buy one. Absolutely no sliding whatsoever.

Back