New SJC Snare.

Fred D

Pioneer Member
I picked this up last week. I had seen this drum at a couple different Sam Ash stores and thought it was a pretty cool drum. It sounded good in the stores.

I got a hundred bucks off coupon in the mail and figured I'd give irt a try. I got this snare for $350.00. Not a bad deal.

The drum appears to be bronze with a hammered middle section. I'm not sure if it's bronze or not. The guys in the shop didn't know either. It's a 6.5 X 14 BTW.

Anyway, it sounds great and features a Trick throw off, die cast hoops, and Evans heads.

I blew the snare side head last night. Got a little too zealous cranking on it. I threw a spare Hazy 300 on it that I had laying around and tuned both heads to the same pitch.

The drum sounds pretty good. It has a nice solid crack and it's really loud.

Me likey likey. :)

Attachments

• IM000205.jpg
    IM000205.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 582
Very nice! I read about that one in MD and the writer said he loved it. The Trick throwoff is icing on the cake.

Any recordings so we can hear?

Hey Vinnie!

What's going on? Man, your drum kits are disappearing quicker than a virgin on prom night lately. :>P

No sound clips yet.

Thanks!

Take care

Hey Vinnie!

What's going on? Man, your drum kits are disappearing quicker than a virgin on prom night lately. :>P

No sound clips yet.

Thanks!

Take care

Hey Freddy. Ha! There are just too many goodies out there, it's hard to settle. It's my outlet for being married to the same (wonderful) woman for 11 yrs.

I'll settle down someday...and build a spectacular snare collection like you've got going. ;)

Hey Vinnie!

No sound clips yet.

Thanks!

Take care

Love the snare man! For $350, you can't go wrong.
This is offtopic, but I love what your location says XD It's cleaver and original.

Back