Smoothest single kick pedal

Gibraltar Catapult and the JoJo are the 2 smoothest action pedals I've tried recently .

I have a gibraltar double kick, but it's super loose and i can't seem to tighten it, but i think it's very bottom end, but that has put a bit of a sour taste in my mouth for gibraltar since all my equipment i had for them was never really good.

But i can check it out.
Gibraltar Catapult and the JoJo are the 2 smoothest action pedals I've tried recently .

The only piece of DW hardware I own is a 5000 pedal. The reason I play a 5000 is because a dozen of my drumming friends all play 5000's. This means that they don't have to constantly bring their pedals to my house and vice-versa.

I've heard good things about the Axis and Jojo pedals. Expect your friends to bring their 5000's when they play your kit.

I wonder and would bet this 1909 Ludwig drum pedal would work as well as many on the market today.

Attachments

• ludwig-bass.jpg
    ludwig-bass.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 557
Okay.

What should i be aware of when buying a used pedal?

You know what - just buy a new pedal. Save between $200 and $300, and you'll be able to get either the DW, or the Jojo, or...anything else reasonable.

But I got a new DW5000 Accelerator for $179, so that range is about where everybody's top pedal are. Pedals like the Pearl, Trick, and Jojo and a bit higher, but $200 will get you started.

I would avoid used pedals unless you're prepared to dismantle them and see if they need some work done (like near bearings or whatnot).

Okay, yeah i barely have time to even go to the drum shop so i know i won't have time to dismantle it haha.

Thanks!

You know what - just buy a new pedal. Save between $200 and $300, and you'll be able to get either the DW, or the Jojo, or...anything else reasonable.

But I got a new DW5000 Accelerator for $179, so that range is about where everybody's top pedal are. Pedals like the Pearl, Trick, and Jojo and a bit higher, but $200 will get you started.

I would avoid used pedals unless you're prepared to dismantle them and see if they need some work done (like near bearings or whatnot).

You know, Bo is right. My Axis pedal started out as double bass pedals which quickly broke on me. I had to turn the slave pedal into a single pedal, which has been working great now for a decade and a half. I bought a couple old pedals too and they both had to be fixed. The belt drive broke during a gig on my Asba and my Speedking needed a complete dismantling and refurbishing. It still needs work though. I tried it on a gig, but I was wishing that I had brought my Axis or Pearl P-930 that I recently bought brand new. It's a great pedal for only $80.

You know, Bo is right. My Axis pedal started out as double bass pedals which quickly broke on me. I had to turn the slave pedal into a single pedal, which has been working great now for a decade and a half. I bought a couple old pedals too and they both had to be fixed. The belt drive broke during a gig on my Asba and my Speedking needed a complete dismantling and refurbishing. It still needs work though. I tried it on a gig, but I was wishing that I had brought my Axis or Pearl P-930 that I recently bought brand new. It's a great pedal for only $80.

I also have that Pearl 930 and it's a great pedal. Not as cool as the top tier Demon Drive, but as a workhorse pedal - it's great.

I did the same thing, I'd buy old vintage pedals and tinker around with them to get them to their former glory, but I think I've entered a new phase in my life where I just want to concentrate on getting my playing better, and I do that better with new stuff that I don't have to worry about. If I owned a drumshop doing work for others that would be one thing, or if I was tech-ing drums for a big artist,....

Owned the Iron Cobras for years as well at the 9000's and the 5000 single for a short time. I know use the Jo Mayer Pedal its great..feels like a SpeedKing.

Hands down the smoothest and best feeling pedal I've played is a vintage Camco. It was an extension of my foot and felt light as feather.

So as i have a double kick that i am really happy with, i was just wondering what you guys think is the smoothest single kick out there.

Also a durable one that responds quickly.

long board or short, it doesn't matter.

Webster's Dictionary:

Axis Pedal: smoothest, durable, quickest responding pedal in the known universe.

Back