DW Airlift stands

So, can we agree that in the video the tom stands nut was loose the entire time and that the people in the video expected the viewer to understand that in a real life situation the would obviously tighten the nut so the toms don't move away from you?

In a way. But leaving such an important step out of a demonstration is more or less a subliminal aspect in peoples minds. It makes it look as if all you have to do is grab the toms and make your height or rotational adjustments. When working in the production department at FOX I've shot and edited probably hundreds of these promo/educational videos, so I just look at them in a more comprehensive professional production sort of way. The producers always take the more simplistic point of view to make things more attractive to a captive audience when trying to sell a product.

Dennis

I tried both Airlift stands this morning 4/7/12. They both work very differently depending on the weight of the mounted drums. The snare stands selling price is $179 USD and the double tom stand is $199 USD. My opinions on either stand hasn't changed.

Dennis

I tried both Airlift stands this morning 4/7/12. They both work very differently depending on the weight of the mounted drums. The snare stands selling price is $179 USD and the double tom stand is $199 USD. My opinions on either stand hasn't changed.

Dennis

are you capable of giving us a better explaination as to why the stands work differently?

Unless you have to set up and take down all the time, share a kit between people with drastically different bodies,etc.

Also, audiotech, lets see it.

You're a very demanding and confrontational fellow, aren't you topgun?, lol. I don't respond very well to arrogance. Try another approach.

Dennis

You're a very demanding and confrontational fellow, aren't you topgun?, lol. I don't respond very well to arrogance. Try another approach.

Dennis

I am neither demanding nor confrontational, mostly impatient because from my perspective you seem to be very ambiguous.

We aren't sticks4drums and mediocrefunkybeat.

I am neither demanding nor confrontational, mostly impatient because from my perspective you seem to be very ambiguous.

We aren't sticks4drums and mediocrefunkybeat.

Ambiguous? Show me a quote or quotes where this is suspect in my comments. I say exactly what I mean to say and if you haven't noticed, I don't stutter. I find my information first hand and in person not by second or third hand information or hearsay. I have definite personal opinions on products and never go with the flow, unless I agree with their findings. When you gain more experience of which you speak, you too will be taken more seriously with some of your comments.

Maybe "we" aren't. But I fear You have many of the same negative attributes of one of the aforementioned. It seems as if You definitely enjoy arguing just for the sake of argument.

I really don't have the time for the continuation of your childishness. I work multiple jobs and cannot sit in front of my computers for hours unend debating opinions. I would much rather be helping people with their questions and concerns. So this is being put to rest as far as I'm concerned.

Dennis

Last edited:
Hugely gimmicky. Yet pretty cool, in a "I'm a bone idle, lazy sod" kinda way.

Do we need them? Nup.
Are they a neccesity? Not on your life.
Would I pay extra for one? Never!
But if DW were to give me a few, then it's the kind of gimmick that's right up my alley.......much in the same way as carseat warmers or hidden cup holders are.

Hugely gimmicky. Yet pretty cool, in a "I'm a bone idle, lazy sod" kinda way.

Do we need them? Nup.
Are they a neccesity? Not on your life.
Would I pay extra for one? Never!
But if DW were to give me a few, then it's the kind of gimmick that's right up my alley.......much in the same way as carseat warmers or hidden cup holders are.

I would agree that most drummers would not need this. I think the target audience is for people that share drums kits with others and/or set up and take down their kits a lot.

Back