DW bass pedal beater

remoking

For those of you with a DW bass pedal, do you ever find that the beater seems a little too heavy, or feel that the felt side of the beater is too "bouncy"?

Last edited:
For those of you with a DW bass pedal, do you ever find that the beater seems a little too heavy, or feel that the felt side of the beater is too "bouncy"?

They're heavy for sure. I had to switch out the beaters on my trick dominator because they were too light and i replaced them eith my dw7002 beaters and use the hard plastic side.

I've never used anything but them. I like the plastic side.

I like them, and use the plastic side with a small Tama beater weight right under the head.

I bought the remaining 4 beaters of the old more angled beater head stock from the shop so I'd never run out of them--ever. The new ones have a more square design and it sounded different to me, so I just got what I liked better.
Not that I'd go through the 4 of them, but I do have 3 pedals set up in use, so I kinda only have a couple spares.

Pedal.jpg

I thought at first they were a little to heavy but I got used to them. Now I use the HardCore beaters by DW with 2 of the little memory lock weights to add a little more weight because the HardCore beaters are very light.
p28832h-93941c2a58836481914aec974ce62c70.jpg

I like the way they sound played softly and how the attack sound changes when you lay into them. Good stuff.

Last edited:
I just bought a DW 8002B double pedal and the beaters are really quite heavy. I upgraded from a super cheap pulse double pedal that was very top heavy as well and these guys don't feel much different. The biggest problem I run into is that theres a certain double bass speed at which the spring rebound is barely not fast enough, and since the beater is so heavy it pendulates forward with your foot as it comes down. So instead of having 5 inches of distance for the beater, it more so turns into 1 inch. This is why I'm looking for something lighter like the trick detonator or the hardcore beater, but I play metal and I also don't want to loose too much volume. Is the volume loss really THAT noticeable? I've heard a lot of trash about the hardcore beaters being very poorly made, what are your opinions?

Back