Drum Hardware

Henco

Hi People, Does anyone remember the Light Weight Hardware that Gibralter used to make made of Alluminium ? If so soes anyone have any or does anyone know of a manufacture who makes light weight hardware - Now just before everyone gets back to with AXIS yes I know about them but they are a bit on the high end cost wise !!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Henco

dw have the flush bases
every company makes light weight hardware just got to look around and depends on price range

I never heard of aluminum hardware but it sounds great. I think you could save a lot of weight and just use the existing designs, but with aluminum. "Steel" stands are made out of low-grade pot metal that isn't particularly strong anyway, just very heavy.

Don't remember any lightweight gibraltar stuff from aluminum. Honestly, aluminum probably isn't a great choice for hardware that takes constant beating, it's way too soft unless you make it thicker, which defeats the purpose, lol. My Pearl icon rack rails are aluminum but they're not lightweight in my book, they're the same weight as a gibralter crossmember of the same size and that's chrome over steel. If you want light hardware you need to just find single braced smaller stuff.

Back