Drum skin help

Cenfora

Hi! New to the forum and just needed some skin help.
Basically, Christmas I'll be getting a new kit, a Tama superstar Hyperdrive 6 piece, shallow toms and a deep bassdrum, anyone who doesn't know of the kit I'll post the sizes.
5.5x14 Snare
6.5x10 tom
7x12 tom
12x14 floor tom
14x16 floor tom
18x22 kick

I know of the problems with shallow toms and such, so I needed some assistance on skins.
I'm either going with EVANs or Remo skins, the Evans would be as follows:
Evans G2 on the Toms
Evans Power Centre Reverse Dot on Snare
Evans EMAD on kick

Now for Remo, I'd be going with
Emperor X on snare
Clear Emperors on toms
Remo Powerstroke 3 on kick

Overall, I'm going for a sound much like Avenged Sevenfolds late drummer The Rev, but I wouldn't mind going off that for a sound that'd much better suit the kit, because I know of the obvious size differences of the Hyperdrive to his kit I would also like to note I play mainly metal but I need to be able to have ghost notes hearable on the snare drum, so if a skin would dampen ghostnotes or something I'd like to know, thanks if you reply, happy drumming!

I would say your Evans choices are great (imo anyway). For remo heads i would change the emperor x to the controlled sound and the powerstroke pro for the bass head, they are more like the Evans heads you've selected. Hope this will help.

Thanks!
Now, this is a bit off the thread I started, but I may as well ask since you're here.
Cymbal sizes for metal? I'm generally struggling with crash sizes, I can't afford much, tight budget and I'm going for Stagg SH and I'm unsure of the crash sizes I'd need for metal.

Save yourself a couple hundred for your first few months, and play the stock heads until you actually need a change. Invest that money into something you really need right away.

Back