Show pics of your... SABIANS!

Why would you own cymbals you didnt like the sound of? Was it an incorrect purchase on your behalf? The 20" extra heavy ride is by no means a genericly BAD sounding cymbal, and at least two people test every cast cymbal at the factory before it even gets shipped out.

Im not doubting it may not have been the right sound for you, but to say it was 'bad' is a little unfair.

...It was bad.

I bought an el-cheapo used drum kit that was being fire saled, and the cymbal was included with the kit.

It was the absolute worst sounding ride cymbal that I have ever heard. It was dull, lifeless, and you pretty much had to hammer the snot out of it. I have heard tire rims that sounded better than that waste of precious minerals.

I never had any intention of using that clunker. The kit that it came with was so cheap that I made half of my purchase price back when I sold it to the happy little metal head who couldn't wait to get it home. I think he gave it to his dad for use as a disc on a farm implement.

If I would have kept it, I would have used it as a splash, which would have been the last sound it would have made after throwing it off a bridge.

Barry

Last edited:
Well I think the little rainbow arches could be a lot more neat but that might just be me

They aren't rainbow arches. They represent a cymbal. There are lines for the bow and then after being spread apart a little more there's lines for the bell.

I like it.

My Sabians are...
APX 13" Hats-Crazy loud, super cutting, but surprisingly, I can still use them for lighter stuff
AAX 20" Stage Ride-The perfect all around Rock Ride, the bell is pretty nice too.
AAX-Treme China 15"-nice and trashy, got it free with my Crash.(Yay free stuff!)
AAX-Plosion 16" Crash-My pride and joy. The greatest crash sound I have ever heard IMHO
I will soon have an HHX-Plosion 16"/17" Crash-really excited about that one :)
Sabian is always coming up with new ideas and they make my favorite sounds
I Love My Sabians!
Oh and sry about the pic quality. I only had My phone camera.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    442.9 KB · Views: 2,116
  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    339 KB · Views: 2,104
  • Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    355.4 KB · Views: 2,055
  • Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    394.5 KB · Views: 2,067
  • Picture 5.png
    Picture 5.png
    387.3 KB · Views: 2,040
39833.jpg

Sorry for the crappy picture, this is the B8 16" medium crash I got in May. A friend, a very successful local drummer, suggested B8's to me. I turn 16 on the 28th and I asked for 3 more, so hopefully I'll have more pics to show you guys soon!

DSCN2912.jpg

A shot from the studio with my Sabians.

18" Signature Saturation Crash
21" HHX Dry Ride
18" HHX Evolution Crash
20" HHX China

Attachments

• drums 1 small.jpg
    drums 1 small.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 2,446
HH Dark hats 14" & HH Vintage ride 21" ...

Now w/ HHX Evo crash 17"

Phil.

darkhh.jpg

vinthh.jpg

evog.jpg

Last edited:
Back