Remo fit

LedFoot65

Head Questions with no end...
Has anybody had trouble with Remo heads not fitting your shells. My kit is a Tama SCP and the heads seem like there to small for the toms and snare. It's like the heads are warped I push down on one side the other side goes up. Evans fit perfect.

The heads do not fit over the shells?
A picture of the problem would be nice.

On my shells. The head is supposed to be able to turn around the drum shell pretty evenly. You should be able to put the head on the shell any way you want.

Sounds like this could be a head sizing problem. It seems rare that it would be on all your shells, but it could happen. Can you take them back to the store? Maybe swap them out for Evans.

I've had this problem with my Sonor 3007s, some remo emperors for 8" and 12" tom have fit badly on the shell. I've never had any problem with Evans either, perhaps they're just a little bigger than Remo.

Most likely just a defaulted head. Surely you can get refunded for it.
Maybe take your Tom in and prove that doesn't fit then ask them I place a different head on it for further proof that it isn't your drum / edges

Edit - also keep in mind that the remo shoulder may be smaller than Evans. If it is barely not fitting, you may try to just toss your hoops on and tune it up. You'll probably hear quite a bit of crackling, but that's just the head stretching and setting into your drum

Last edited:
Has anybody had trouble with Remo heads not fitting your shells. My kit is a Tama SCP and the heads seem like there to small for the toms and snare. It's like the heads are warped I push down on one side the other side goes up. Evans fit perfect.

I'm not there to see this, so maybe I'm pointing out the obvious...but put all of the lugs in and tighten them each a little at a time. If you tighten one side before the other it will cause the head to pop up. Of course you might already know this and perhaps that's not the issue.

I have heard of heads not fitting shells but I would be concerned with my shell being warped. The poster above me had some good advice, try that if this doesn't work.

Yeah this happens with both of my DW kits, and 2 Ludwig metal snares.
I have an older Ludwig kit that it doesn't seem to be a problem with.

I've since switched to Evans on the DW's, and there's no problem, plus i prefer the Evans sound.

Yeah this happens with both of my DW kits, and 2 Ludwig metal snares.
I have an older Ludwig kit that it doesn't seem to be a problem with.

I've since switched to Evans on the DW's, and there's no problem, plus i prefer the Evans sound.

Then surely it's just an issue between remo and ludwigs sizings. I still say Ross it on the drum and tighten it up. I've seen other luddys with remos before so surely it can work

Back